I know that our Heavenly Father has a lot of needs to meet on this Fall day...but I also know that He's not too busy to handle my little request! We leave really soon for Argentina and I'm praying that my August, September, and October Better Homes and Gardens magazines come in before I leave. (They are putting them in yellow envelopes now to help them not be so tempting to steal.) Will you join me in asking God? ...my heart wants to take these magazines with me. I know that my God is able! Thank you! =)
~The other day I saw this recipe in my inbox from Taste of Home...and thought they sounded good. I made them...and we thought they were yummy! I hope you enjoy them as much as we did. The crunchy peanut butter gives them a nice texture.~
~Apple Peanut Butter Cookies~
- 1/2 cup shortening (I used butter)
- 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup grated peeled apple (I peeled and grated one large apple)
- In a large bowl, cream the shortening, peanut butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the dry ingredients; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in apple.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.