Friday, October 7, 2011

~Fun Food Friday...Buttery Soft Pretzels~

~Some years ago my sister gave me this recipe. I made it again the other night and we all enjoyed these yummy pretzels!~
~Buttery Soft Pretzels~
(Like Auntie Anne's from the mall)
Yields: 12 pretzels or 24 pretzel rods
Combine these ingredients and set aside to "work" for 10 mins.
4 t. yeast (or one pack),1 t. sugar, 1 1/4 cup warm water
 Meanwhile...In a large bowl mix these dry ingredients:
5 cups of flour, 1/2 cup sugar, and 1 1/2 t. salt.
Stir well and then make a well in the center of dry ingredients. Add 1 Tab. oil to yeast mixture and stir.
Pour into hole and knead dough. If dough is dry add 1-2 Tabs. water.
Knead dough approx. 5-8 mins. Place in lightly oiled bowl and turn once to coat top, cover and let rise for 1 hour.
Preheat oven to 450.
When dough is ready.. Place a little less than 1/4 cup baking soda in 2 cups of VERY HOT water.
Make pretzels by rolling 12 pieces into 12" long ropes and shaping. (Or make pretzel rods.)
Then dip these into the baking soda water. Place on greased pan and sprinkle with large course salt.
Bake about 8 mins. or until light brown. Dip (or brush) with melted butter.
If you want some sweet ones you may sprinkle cinnamon sugar over the melted butter. If you prefer the salty taste, you may add more salt on top of the melted butter.  I did half sweet and half salty.
And as always...Enjoy!!                                                                                           

3 comments:

Charity said...

Yum!!! Looks like if I ever come to visit you, I'll need to make sure to stay from a Friday to a Friday- ;o)

Dorcas said...

Those look good! I'll have to try them.

Daryl Hausman said...

Make my mouth water! I'll have to make them again for my family!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...