Friday, May 25, 2012

~Fun Food Friday...Whole wheat muffins~

I posted this recipe a year or so ago, but decided to share it again.  I made these muffins this morning for breakfast and they were so hearty and yummy, yet so quick and easy.  I love this recipe, for it calls for things most of us already have on hands, and it doesn't call for any eggs!   With my family of 7...whose appetites are EVER-GROWING... I NEEDED.EVERY.EGG.I.HAD this morning, so was GLAD that the muffins didn't call for any.  =)
I also thought I'd post this recipe again, for this would be a great recipe to make and share with someone who is allergic to eggs! 
I added raisins to mine, and combined brown sugar and cinnamon and sprinkled it on top of them before I baked them.   Other ideas would be to make them plain, or add nuts, and serve them with butter, jelly, or a combo of both called: raspberry butter, (see recipe below.) 
Phillip took one bite and said, "Mmmm, this is a good muffin!"
~Whole Wheat Muffins~
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 teas. baking powder
1 teas. baking soda
1/2 teas. salt
1/2 cup maple syrup (I used honey)
1 cup water
1/2 cup oil
1 teas. vanilla
In a large mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients. Stir until well mixed. In a separate bowl, mix the wet ingredients. Add the wet ingredients to the dry.    Mix until blended, but don't over mix. Pour into greased or paper-lined muffin pans. (If you want, sprinkle a combo of BROWN sugar and cinnamon on top of each muffin before you bake them.)   Bake at 375 for 18-20 mins.
Note: I got 16 muffins out of this recipe.
~Raspberry Butter~
1/4 cup butter (1/2 of a stick of butter)
1/3 cup seedless Raspberry jam
Soften the butter. Place the butter and jam in a mixing bowl and mix until smooth and creamy. Store in airtight container in the refrigerator. Will last for weeks.
Serve on warm breads, rolls, biscuits or muffins.    
(taken from Jonni McCoy Healthy Meals for Less)

And as Always...ENJOY!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 
~Once upon 2 Itty Bitty Ponytails!  =) 
Kimberly tried to do a very active little Mary's hair in 2 ponytails last night.  I snapped several pics trying to get a good one of her and her 2 ponytails.  Mary would look at me and give me the CUTEST smile, but then our camera would take TOO LONG and her smile would be gone by the time it finally took the picture.  =(~

~We thought she looked so cute walking around with her little ponytails, and her little hands tucked inside her pockets of her pink coat!  =D  ~

10 comments:

~Carla~ said...

Ahhh, love your new background! And I too have a 2 lil ponytail gal here. I just LOVE those pigtails :) Lil Mary is a DOLL!

Bryanna Shirk said...

Mary's pics are SOOOOOOOO SWEET!!She is SOOO PRECIOUS!!! In the first one she looks like Sarah:)
Miss you guys!
Bryanna

Rob and Deanna said...

Mary is so cute, I LOVE ponytails!! The Wiford girls remind me so much of your girls. Cynthia Wiford came to church and the Hausman's were commenting too on how much she reminds them of Kimberly. :-)

lila said...

Mary is such a cutie!!! Jim says she looks just like Kimberly! All your children are beautiful!!! love you tons

Daryl Hausman said...

Loved the pics of Mary... too cute! Your breakfast plate looked yummy! Love ya much, Laura

Daryl Hausman said...

Oh she is really STYLIN!!! =) TOO CUTE!!!
nh~

mmsbryan said...

Tell Kimberly that Mary's part is not straight!!! I guess this Gram is not up to the style that Natasha noticed. ;-) She is our little dolly, I can still remember the first time I put your blond curls in two ponies. Your part was as striaght as I could get you to sit still for, and you were a wiggle worm.
Daddy and I enjoyed seeing for ourselves again last week those lovely Smokies. It was nice to be able to go help Grandmother with her list of things needing done and being with Uncle Carson, Aunt Linda, Uncle Dan and Aunt Carole. We had a nice evening all helping with Grandmother's gardening. Love, Moma

sherryldickinson said...

Heather,
It made me laugh that you said Mary looks like Uncle Scott in the last picture of her. I never would have noticed had you not mentioned it in your e-mail to me. Yes, she does look like Uncle Scott and she also looks like Rachel. I'm telling you what! When two get married and have children, they come up with all kinds of strange combinations. Ha! Love, Mom D

The Dickinsons said...

Thank you each one for your fun comments, it was fun hearing from y'all!

Mom D., I think that Mary looks so much like JACOB S. in that last pic of her! I cannot believe how much she looks like U. Scott's family in that picture. Yes, the combos that Jesus puts together to make our fun kids, their looks, and their personalities are quite interesting and FUN! =)

Love,
~Heather~

Janette Castle said...

Thanks for the recipe...I tried it tonight & it is good. I think next time I might try adding cinnamon in the muffins as well. The ingredients reminded me of my home-made granola recipe.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...