Friday, August 26, 2011

~Fun Food Friday...Peanut Butter Fudge~

Thank you for all your visits and sweet comments on my blog.  It's always SO FUN to hear from each one of you who takes the time to comment.  I feel like you've "dropped in for a visit." =)
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
~The other night I got hungry for some fudge, so made up this recipe of Peanut Butter fudge which I had made a few Christmas' ago. I hadn't made it since then, so couldn't remember how it was.
Trust me...we were NOT disappointed! Super easy and yummy!  And...it calls for 5 simple ingredients that you probably have on hands. =)

~Grandma's Peanut Butter Fudge~
1 1/3 cups milk
5 cups of brown sugar
1/4 c. margarine or butter (1/2 stick)
1 1/2 cups peanut butter
1 t. vanilla
In med. sauce pan over med. heat combine milk and sugar.  Heat to between 234 and 240 degrees F on your candy thermometer or until a small amount of syrup dropped into cold water forms a soft ball that flattens when removed from the water and placed on a flat surface. Stir constantly!
[Since I don't have a candy thermometer, I did the last method.  It took SEVERAL mins. (I'd say 10-13?) ]
Remove from heat and stir in the marg., P. Butter, and vanilla.  Quickly spread into a greased 9x13 dish.  Allow to cool almost completely before cutting into squares.
[My P.B. fudge will probably be darker than yours since I used pure sugar cane sugar.]
And as always....ENJOY!
~This past Tuesday morning we had a visitor join us for breakfast. Sis. Miriam from our church here in Bogota, came over to chat with us and to ask us to help her pray for her unsaved family. She's carries a heavy burden for them.
For our breakfast I made "Gallo Pinto", (Which is "Painted Rooster" in English. =) my homemade cinnamon rolls, and hot tea. ~
[Here's the explanation of what "Painted Rooster" is. When we lived in Costa Rica for a year...studying Spanish, we learned that years ago when they didn't have refrigerators, they would always have left-over beans and rice from their supper.  There was never enough to make another main meal, so someone invented this recipe of sauteed veggies, rice and beans to serve the next morning for breakfast to use up the left-over beans and rice from supper the night before. They called it "Painted Rooster" due to the color of the red or black beans, and veggies mixed in with the rice.=)]
~Sis. Miriam and I.  She's a sweet lady and we had an enjoyable time with her.~

5 comments:

Daryl Hausman said...

PB fudge sounds DELICIOUS!!!!
(on a side note: I like your outfit! It looks like you just stepped out of Chadwicks Magazine!!)
Love you all,
nh

Liz said...

I always love to read your blog as well. It feels like we have kindred hearts :>)

mmsbryan said...

Your fudge makes me hungry, one of my "for sures" to make at Christmas time. I thought the other week that I might do some for a welcome treat for the church and hope that there would be some crumbs left. Guess we must be hungry for the same thing. Will be praying for your friend and her needs. God is able when we come to Him. So glad that there is someone there to lead her to the throne. Love, Moma

Daryl Hausman said...

I was SO excited the other day for I found in one of my cooking magazines that was given to me the recipe for "Painted Rooster" for I remember how we loved it when you made it for us at Moma and Daddy's way back in their Canada days! They didn't call it that, but I knew it had to be the same recipe, interestingly enough they served fried eggs with it too!;) I'm excited to try it here soon! Lots of love, Laura

Rob and Deanna said...

http://www.kalynskitchen.com/
Heather, you need to check this lady's site out. I can't wait to try the Kale breakfast casserole she posted today. I found her when looking at zucchini recipes. Her easy cheese zucchini bake looks yummy as well as one with feta cheese. Not sure I would like everything she makes but the veggie dishes look YUMMY!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...