~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
One day I was talking to my sister and we were chatting about Butterscotch pie and she told me she had a good recipe for one.
(My sister got this recipe from a sweet lady named Grace Baum while on Deputation. But, since I don't know her, I just call it "Laura's Butterscotch pie!" We've probably made some changes, so Sis. Baum may not recognize her own recipe. =)
~Laura shared her recipe, I made it, and our family really enjoyed it.~
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar (If using meringue on top, I'd use a TOTAL of 3/4 cup sugar or little less for it is RICH!)
4 1/2 Tablespoons Flour
1/3 teaspoon salt
Mix the flour, sugar, and salt dry in a med. pan.
One lump of butter (walnut size) (L.O.V.E. this measurement! =)
1/4 cup milk
Bring this to boil for 2 mins. (stirring constantly)!
Then Stir in:
1 cup of milk
Slowly add 2-3 well-beaten egg yokes (use egg whites for meringue)
Boil for 5 FULL minutes to ensure that eggs are cooked thoroughly.
Take off of heat and stir in:
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
(I got this recipe from the internet)
2 lg. egg whites (room temp)
1/8 teas. cream of tartar
1/4 cup superfine sugar
1/8 teas. vinegar
1/2 teas. vanilla
1. In a mixing bowl beat egg whites on med. speed until foamy.
2. Add cream of tartar and beat until soft but definite peaks form.
3. Very gradually beat in sugar. Beat on high until peaks are stiff and glossy but not dry.
4. Add vanilla and vinegar and beat just to mix.
5. Immediately spread the meringue over the hot pie filling, anchoring it to the edge of the crust in all points.
6. Bake 20 mins. at 350 until nice and brown on top.
And as always...Enjoy!