Saturday, August 11, 2007

~With Jesus help...this is what we did this week!~

~The kids and I walked (Kimberly skated) 2 miles (in the rain) to a neat store called Exito, which is more like Walmart. We rarely get to go to this store, so it's a treat when we do go. While we were in there, I saw something that nearly made me squeal out loud with Joy! I saw some REAL PUMPKINS! I didn't think we could get pumpkins here...so I bought 2 small sized ones and only had to pay about $3.00 for both! YEA!~
~Sarah sharing her umbrella with her little brother, on our walk to Exito.~
~My new friend from FL., Misty, sent me this link on how to make a fun, reversable purse....so I made one for Kimberly and I, and still want to make Sarah one.~
~A close-up of Kimberly's purse. The inside of hers is white with little blue dots, and her flower on the outside is blue and white.~ ~This is my purse. I made mine first and embroidered this design and my initials on what I thought was the FRONT...not realizing that the pattern was going to tell me to turn it and make that the SIDE. =[ Here's a pic of the SIDE of my purse.~
~The front of my purse!~

~I made these 2 jean skirts for Sarah and I this week. I have fun, thinking of what I want to do on each skirt. Sometimes when I start a skirt I don't know exactly what I'll put on it, but, being a pianist....I've learned to "play it by ear" as I go along. =) Also, I made Sarah's little white blouse too.~

~A close-up of my skirt. My jean skirt is made out of stretchy jean, and I turned the jean inisde out and put it on the bottom, then embroidered on top of that.~

Have a wonderful weekend in Jesus!

14 comments:

Beth said...

Wow!!! You never slow down do you..lol

Love and miss you all
Beth

Anonymous said...

I am enjoying seeing all you are doing!! Glad you got the sewing machine.
Love,
Aunt Linda

Janella said...

Once again I'm impressed with your sewing:0) We just went to Walmart today and I was so frustrated I couldn't find all I needed...I guess I just better be thankful I have one! I think my kids would love the walk in the rain though:)

Lori said...

Love the skirts, you and your girls are so talented!

Misty said...

The bags turned out great! I love the skirts too.

Misty said...

Oh, and I really like Sarah's shirt. Did you have a pattern or "just make it?"

Marty said...

Heather, You never cease to amaze me!! Too bad I didn't take after the other Martha! You are doing a great job enhancing your closets!! Bless you!

Liz said...

That sewing us just amazing! I'm going to try your quick rolls for lunch tomorrow!
Have a good Sunday!
Love, Liz

Anonymous said...

Darling outfits. I love Sarah's blouse too!!! You DONE good! Love you and will catch up soon, Lord willing. Love you much, Laura

sherryldickinson said...

Thank you for the rain & walk with the children post. It was interesting to me. Sarah's blouse turned out cute, and so did the skirts and purses. Love Mom D

Vonnie said...

Great pictures of your sewing creations!! I'm glad you have a "Walmart" down there. We had a terrible time for the 8-9 years we lived here without a Walmart. HA!!

Kimberly said...

"Playing by ear" is such a great analogy..unfortunately, mine stops at music...no sense w/the sewing!:) You're so creative! I wanted to give you all a big hug after reading about the long walk..of course that's what's keeping you so slim!:)

Tamra said...

I always enjoy your posts. It's interesting to see what projects you are working on, or what adventure you all are in the middle of. :)

Janette said...

Love reading your posts and seeing all the creative things you are making! Looks like such fun! You are amazing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...