Wednesday, August 29, 2007

~Our trip to the park, and the girls' skirts I made.~ REPOSTED!

On Monday, Bro. Edwards, and our family went to the park, for our kids to have some time to play and try to fly the kite again. ~Kimberly and Sarah playing at the park!~Kimberly and Sarah enjoying the park!~
It's a nice park that we had never been to, but we loved it. ~Noah on a rocking dinosaur.~
It had a lot of nice places for the kids to run, has a little lake in the middle and is surrounded by beautiful trees and mountains! We had a fun time there.~Bro. Edwards, Phillip and the kids~
~The kids looking at a duck by some water.~~We went to walk through this tunnel to get across to the other side of the street, to get a taxi to go home, but it was FILLED with water! We had 2 choices, walk through the water (that was COLD and DIRTY) or cross 12 lanes of traffic with our kids and Bro. Edwards! We chose the water...UCK! We told Noah to pull his pants up to walk through the water, but we didn't mean for him to pull them up to his neck. HA!~
~Noah, Kimberly and I had already crossed "THE RIVER", so we took a picture of Phillip, Sarah and Bro. Edwards.~
~These are the neat skirts that I just made for the girls. My dear friend Roseanne sent us the idea, the skirt tops (she bought 2 mini skirts from the Thrift store) and she sent adorable Winnie the Pooh material for Kimberly, (SHE LOVES POOH!), and adorable Strawberry shortcake material for Sarah...(She LOVES S.Shortcake!) She also sent cute ribbon and rick rack for the skirts too. Roseanne tells more how to do it on her blog.~ We had a VERY stressful day today! Thanks for your prayers...We need and value them VERY MUCH!

14 comments:

Liz said...

Such cute skirts....I never learned to sew and not sure why since mom and grandmaw do!? I need to learn!

Vonnie said...

Looks like a fun day at the park except the walk through the water.... although, I agree, that would have been much better than the 12 lanes of traffic. Skirts are cute!!!

Beth said...

I can see the pic. Now. Love the skirts. You did a good job ;-)

Love you
Beth

Myranda said...

I can see now - cool! Thanks for fixing!

Roseanne said...

Yeah now I can see the pictures. The park looks like fun. I'm glad you are having a good time with Bro E. The skirts look soo cute. Good job. I really like the layered look, I will try that on my next ones.

Rob and Deanna said...

Yeah, I can see them now! ;-) Your country is so Beautiful! I hope we can come visit you sometime in the not too distant future! Noah is so cute. Skirts are adorable.

Les said...

Love the skirt idea! Someone needed to think of what to do with skirts that are too short to wear!

sankey family said...

Don't know what your stressful day was like, but we've had a few of those recently, and we understand. Very cute skirts!

Melodie
in Salamanca

Gayle said...

Cute skirts! Sounds like you all had a fun day!

kayla said...

The skirts are way too cute!
That tunnel makes me feel a little claustrophobic. I may have preferred the traffic.

Tara said...

Hi Heather,
Things have been sooo busy here. I'm catching up on a blogs tonight!:) I always enjoy reading your 'escapades' ha! The Lord brought your family to my mind tonight while I was sitting in church. I prayed for you; hope all is well.

Eileen said...

Sorry for your stressful time. But we know God was in control, and had His hands on you all. I pray all is going good for you now. Also want to say I have done sewing for several years now, I know the time and effort it takes to do something like these cute skirts. God Bless and keep you in His care. Love & Prayers, Eilen

Anonymous said...

Those skirts are SO cute girls! Your Mommy (and you) did a great job! I LOVE that idea, thanks for sharing it... now if I can just get my poor brain to remember it along with all the other junk in there! :) if not, I always have your blog to go to!
love your crazy sister, Laura

Serving Jesus in the valley of the sun said...

Heather you are always in our prayers!
Love the skirts tooo cute.. I bought kaity a jumper the other day at wal mart was so excited that I thought it actually would fit her, get home to find it to SHORT. ACKK.. lol so off to the material store I go this week to FINISH what was supposed to be already done :) Looks like the kids had a good time and poor Bro. Edwards he looks like he is FREEZING to death.. hehehe.. Would LOVE It..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...