Wednesday, March 23, 2011

~I love coffee...with cream and sugar please.~

Since I Live in Colombia...I decided to use the Coffee theme in my kitchen in our new home!

"Colombia, the world's best known producer of coffee, ranks 2nd world wide in yearly production. Colombia takes this position seriously, and works very hard to maintain a high standard of excellence." (The National Coffee Ass. of the USA)
~Juan Valdez is the official representitive for Colombian coffee.~
~I think this is my favorite kitchen out of the 3 rental houses we have lived in here. I do miss having cabinets up top, and I have no drawers for utensils, but the Lord has helped me find a place for everything. =)~
~I'm happy that I have more counter tops to work on in this kitchen.~
~Here are my "utensil drawers". =)~
~ I figured if "Better Homes and Gardens" can leave their dishes out in the open, I can too. =)
I love this neat coffee bean grinder.~

~"Sello Rojo" and "Oma" are 2 good brands of coffee here in Colombia.~

~What time is it? Coffee time. =)

~Yummy smelling coffee beans.~

~It's a fun kitchen in which to cook and make yummy treats. =)
Last Saturday I made this butterscotch pie....
~And this Hershey's dessert.~
A cup of coffee anyone? =)

11 comments:

~Carla~ said...

Oh I LOVE it!!!! My kitchen is in Coffee decor too. It is an addiction I think, the coffee that is, well maybe the decor is too!! I love all your recent posts. Love your house here and there and appreciated the hubby reminder. Created to be His Helpmeet is a great book on the subject and I need to reread my copy lol!!! Thanks for the updates, we are praying for ya'll. ~Carla~

The Going Blog said...

I love coffee and your "new" kitchen. Really well done. Your bedroom is beautiful too :-)

Making Memories 1999 said...

Cute coffee decor! I've done the candle in coffee beans before, and it smells so good!

Anonymous said...

Loved your theme and to see that you have more room in this kitchen but I think that we readers should "hug our kitchen drawers" I keep the coffee beans in the freezer marked "decor" that we bought when with you in Colombia. I just took the winter theme including my coffee bean center piece and the side board Dickins Village and packed away the first day of spring. IT IS SUPPOSED TO SNOW HERE ON SATURDAY. ;-) As of today I got the landscaping reworked for the parsonage and church so . . . let it snow. Mid-year conference meetings and dinner is to be on Saturday and I plan the center pieces in the family life center to be daffodils, Daddy and I may have to use the snow shovel to get to the flowers ;-O I love you, Little girl. Moma

Crystal Mason said...

I completely understand your kitchen layout, Heather! I have no upper cabinets either, and I also have to leave all of my plates, bowls, and cups on the top of a cabinet! Then, my countertop is ceramic tile that is breaking and chipping (it's wonderful for rolling dough out on - lol) ;-) Somedays I dream of a beautiful kitchen...but I always try to remember that I have it much nicer than most others here.

Keep the house pics coming - I love them!

lila said...

You are so blessed and I am tickled pink for you. I love your new place and you are making it so beautiful. Keep pics coming. It's so fun to see all your nice stuff. Wish I could be your neighbor. We would have so much fun :). love you tons

Daryl Hausman said...

Yes, please. I'll be right over for a hot cup of coffee or 3 and a nice long sisterly chat! I LOVE your kitchen. Glad you were able to find all those cute things! We've only got 3 working days til Natasha's surgery, so there's piles of work to be done. Wish you were here to help! Darla's absolute FAVORITE PIE is butterscotch... so you know what she did when she saw your pic!!! :)
love ya much, Laura

Julia said...

Very pretty Heather. My kitchen is done in coffee too and I'm a coffe wimp.(I can only handle the likes of a Mocha ie more chocolate than coffee.) :) I'm so happy that you all have found a place to call home away from home.

Dorcas said...

Your kitchen is so pretty with the coffee decor! And those desserts look delicious :o)

Anonymous said...

I don't even like coffee, but I've always wanted to do a kitchen in coffee theme!!! And I would add brown with pink & what dots! crazy, I know. I love it. I know you probably don't know me, but I love reading your blog-- so uplifting! Bless you! Joy Gault

Kelly Jones said...

I think your utensils look really cute out in the open. Also the new canisters are super amazing! I wish I could drop by for a visit, it looks like you have worked your magic touch on another house.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...