Friday, July 17, 2015

~Fun Food Friday...Quick DELICIOUS Choc. Sheet cake! (And pics of our friend Wei's wedding.)~

Thank you, Audrey for the tip you left about helping Baby Abigail sleep! We've tried it for a couple nights, and I think it it might be helping her.  :-) 
Blessings,
~Heather~

Pics of our friend Wei's wedding are following this recipe.

Here is my favorite Choc. Sheet cake recipe from my Sweet Moma!
(Well, I can't remember who found this recipe first, Laura, or Moma.  All I know is it is YUMMY! :-)
I did post this WAY back in 2007, but here it is again!

~ENJOY~

~Quick, Delicious, and EASY Choc. Sheet cake~ 
~Heather~

Mix in med/large bowl:
1 3/4 cups flour
2 cups sugar (I used 1 1/2)
1 teas. salt and 1 teas. baking soda. (set aside!)

Heat to boiling in microwave:
1 stick butter
8 T. cocoa
1 cup water
Pour over dry ingredients.

In small bowl beat:
2 eggs, 1/2 cup buttermilk, and 1 teas. vanilla
Mix together and pour into a greased jelly roll pan and bake at 350 for about 30 mins.

Frosting:
Mix the following ingredients in a pan and bring to a BOIL.
(I always have a little extra...)
3/4 cup butter
1/2 cup cocoa
3/4 cup evaporated milk (I used reg.)
3 cups powder sugar
1 teas. vanilla
Spread on top of HOT cake.
Top cake and icing with 1 cup of chopped pecans or walnuts if you desire. This can be cut into about 16-24 pieces so is great to feed a crowd.
NOTE: You need to know that my Phillip is NOT a choc. cake eater...but he told me when I served this...while helping himself to another piece... that this choc. cake was very good! =)

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Our Friend Wei got married recently.  Kimberly played her violin for a choir to sing a song.  Here are some pics of Wei's wedding.
~Here Comes the Bride~ (It was an outside wedding.)


 ~The Bride and the Groom~
 ~The young people from the church sang a song for the Bride and Groom.~

 ~Our friends Jonathan and Jayden were in the wedding.~
 ~I loved this pretty lamppost~
 ~Our friend Valen was in the wedding too.  She is in the cream dress.~
 ~Aunt Yoli led the choir with her left hand and with her right hand, she held the music for Kimberly as Kimberly played the violin to accompany the choir. :-) ~
 ~The choir singing to the Bride and Groom~

 ~Our sweet friend Wu-Ma, Wei's Mom talking to the bride and groom.~
 ~The young people and the bride and groom.~
 ~Kimberly, Abigail and I with the Bride and Groom~
 ~Since quarters were small, only TWO of our family could go to the wedding...but since she doesn't take up much room, we SNUCK Abigail in with us. :-) ~
 ~Our Friends Leo, Caro, Jonathan, and Valen with the Bride and Groom.~
~Wei's wedding was in the garden of this pretty building. 
The reception was inside this building. 
Kimberly and some friends from the Chinese Church.~ 
 ~Everything was beautiful; pretty tables like I LOVE!! :-) ~
 ~Sarah's friend Paola and I at the reception.~
~Our dear Friends Leo, Caro and family!~
 ~The food was Yummy!~
 ~Thank the Lord for Uncle Leo!  Since Phillip wasn't with me, U. Leo helped hold Baby Abigail while I ate.~

  ~The dessert was delish...a coffee dessert.~

If you think of it, please pray for Wei and his wife as they began their new home.
 ~Heather~

2 comments:

lila said...

Yummy looking cake and a beautiful wedding!!

sherryldickinson said...

It was fun checking all these people out without them knowing I was staring at them! Ha! This was a lovely wedding that must have cost quite a bit of money because the reception seemed so elegant. I would have liked to have heard Kimberly play her violin with the choir singing. That was a unique and special song for a wedding, I would think. Val looked very pretty all dressed up for the wedding, and her parents seem to be such a friendly and kind couple. This wedding was just like the ones we have in the United States. Love, Mom D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...