Friday, April 10, 2015

~FUN FOOD FRIDAY...REESE'S PEANUT BUTTER EGGS!~

So in my Easter post below, I told you that I had found a YUMMY recipe for Reese's Peanut Butter eggs.
My family and I LOVE this recipe!
Since we can't buy Reese's here in Argentina, it makes it doubly special to have these. :-)  However, I think I will still be making them IN THE USA, for they are easy, fun, and DELISH!!!
Click here for the link to where I got the recipe!  (From the Brown Eyed Baker Blog.)

The changes I made to this recipe were:
1. I used semi-sweet choc., which made them less sweet, and we loved them this way, but you can do it however you want.
2. I added a pinch of salt (around 1/4 tsp.) to the recipe.
3. I ONLY USED 1 CUP OF POWDERED SUGAR AND WE LIKED THE LIGHTER NOT SO SWEET TASTE!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Homemade Peanut Butter Eggs


Yield: About 15 eggs
Prep Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour

Ingredients:

1 cup creamy peanut butter
¼ cup unsalted butter
¼ cup light brown sugar
1¼ cups powdered sugar
2 cups milk chocolate chips (or 12 ounces milk chocolate, chopped)
2 tablespoons vegetable shortening

Directions:

1. Line a baking sheet with wax paper or parchment paper; set aside.
2. In a medium saucepan, combine the peanut butter, butter, and brown sugar over medium heat. Heat until completely melted and starting to bubble a little, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat. Add the powdered sugar a ¼ cup at a time, stirring until completely combined with the peanut butter mixture after each addition. Set aside and let cool to room temperature.
3. Using a medium cookie scoop or a heaping tablespoon, scoop out peanut butter mixture and shape into eggs. I found it easiest to roll the scoop into a ball, and then roll it into a short cylinder. I placed it on the baking sheet, and then used my fingers to shape the ends into an egg-like oval. Refrigerate to allow the peanut butter eggs to set, about 30 minutes.
4. Once the peanut butter eggs are set, melt the chocolate chips and shortening together in the microwave on 50% power in 30-second increments, stirring after each, until completely melted. One at a time, dip a peanut butter egg into the chocolate and, using a fork, flip it over so it is completely covered. Remove it from the bowl, letting any excess chocolate drip off. Return it to the baking sheet, and repeat with all of the peanut butter eggs. Sprinkle with decorations, if desired. Return the chocolate-covered peanut butter eggs to the refrigerator to allow the chocolate to set, about 30 minutes. Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container until ready to serve.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
~My family and I really enjoyed these LOVED THESE!!! :-) ~
 

~I just used white choc. to decorate some of them.~
~The kids loved adding sprinkles to the rest of them, for some color.~
~If your family likes Reese's or Peanut Butter...I think you'll love these!~
~So, why not give these Peanut Butter eggs a try?
If you do, I'd love for you to leave me a comment here or on FB.  :-)~
Happy Weekend!  :-)
~Heather~

3 comments:

Moma said...

What a nice dressed-up family you all are! Your peanut butter eggs sound so good, if I made them now we would never get them all eaten, maybe next year when you all can come over. We had a wonderful day with Daryl, Laura and their four this year. Love, Moma

LaNaye Burnette said...

Now these look delicious! I can't wait to make some for my family. You are such an inspiration to me with all of the special little touches you use on holidays and birthdays!

lila said...


They are pretty!! You always make everything look so pretty!!! Love you all tons

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...