Friday, April 3, 2015

~Fun Food Friday...Easter Cupcakes and our English class!~

We decided to go to Wendys with our English class students and their parents for a fun supper and evening together.  
This is the first time our family has gotten to eat at Wendys here in Argentina!  
It was a delightful evening!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
FUN FOOD FRIDAY!!
So I was looking for a yummy white cake recipe from scratch, and found this recipe (see Below!) 
I made some Easter cupcakes with it for the English class students, and we loved them.  :-)

~My Easter cupcakes!~

Ingredients
  • 2 1/4 cups cake flour
  • 1 cup milk at room temperature
  • 6 large egg whites at room temperature
  • 2 teaspoons almond extract
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
  • 4 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon table salt
  • 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, softened but still cool
Instructions
  1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare two 8-inch cake pans.
  2. Make sure milk and eggs are room temperature.
  3. Pour milk (I used skim) , egg whites, and extracts into medium bowl and mix with fork until blended.
  4. Mix cake flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in bowl of electric mixer at slow speed. Add butter, cut into cubes and continue beating on low for about 1-2 minutes.
  5. Add all but 1/2 cup of milk mixture to flour mixture and beat at medium speed for 1 1/2 minutes. Add remaining 1/2 cup of milk mixture and beat for about 1 minute.
  6. Pour batter evenly between two prepared cake pans.
  7. Bake until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 27 to 30 minutes.
  8. Allow cake to cool to room temperature.
  9. Frost cakes with favorite frosting.
  10. Just barely adapted from epicurious, taken from Cooks Illustrated.
  11. Made 23 cupcakes.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
I (Heather again :-) cut out a cone-shaped piece from the top of each cupcake and piped some of my Mocha filling (see recipe below) into the cupcakes, topped them with whipped cream and my crosses I made.

~Mocha Filling/Icing~
Taste Of Home
Cook together on stove top stirring constantly til thick:
5 T. flour in 1 cup of milk!  LET COOL!
Cream together with mixer:
1 cup sugar, 1 cup butter, 1 t. vanilla, 1 T. instant coffee, 2 t. cocoa, and cooled mixture.
Beat WELL...for at least 5 mins. to avoid your sugar being gritty.~

~I hot-glued crosses out of popsicle sticks (similar to the ones seen on Pinterest), added some purple and white polka dotted ribbon, and my own little sign that says, "Jesus saves" and tucked them down into the cupcakes.  ~
 
 ~For "grass" around the crosses I used green M&Ms.
I was going to use green coconut, but I knew kids and coconut do not always mix.
(But sadly the green M&M's didn't hold up well for long. :-( ~
 ~I took these to Wendy's to give to the kids as a little reminder that Easter was more than chocolate eggs. :-)
(When I said that to everyone, My Sarah and my friend Caro both said at the same time, "It's about CUPCAKES too." lol!~
 ~Enjoying Wendy's food again.~
 ~The girls!~
 ~Us adults and the boys to the left of the pic.
It was a wonderful time together, and then to top it off, Leo and Caro bought yummy Argentine ice cream and invited us to their house to enjoy the ice cream and my cupcakes.~
Have a WONDERFUL Easter/Resurrection day!
~HEATHER~

1 comment:

Moma said...

So glad for your trip to Wendy's and the cup cakes are so nice. That little Abigail is a doll baby and I would love to see her crawl. Oh, I have never remembered to tell you that you left a pumpkin whipped topping here, I was wondering if you wanted me to bring it to you? :) I feel so bad for little Mary and we are praying for the complete healing of her very bad cute. So glad for the good doctor. I love you all, Moma

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...