~Caramel Apple Pie~
4-6 large red Gala apples, unpeeled and thinly sliced.
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
6 Tablespoons unsalted butter
pinch of salt
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon (I prefer my cinnamon on top.)
1/4 cup water
**SEE NOTE BELOW!!**
Double crust for a 9" pie
1. Place bottom crust in pie plate and place 4-6 unpeeled, thinly sliced Gala apples in the bottom. Place a lattice top crust on pie. Fold edges over and crimp.
2. In a med. sauce pan place all the rest of the ingredients. Bring to a boil and turn off.
3. Pour Caramel all over the lattice crust and apples.
4. Top with cinnamon/sugar if desired.
5. Bake at 475 for 15 mins. and then lower temperature to 350 and bake for 35-40 more minutes. LET PIE COMPLETELY COOL before slicing.
**(It does not have any thickening so sometimes wants to fall apart when you slice it. If you want to add thickening...Stir in 2 Tablespoons of Cornstarch OR Flour before bringing the caramel to a boil.)**
Kelly is being a HUGE help to us! We are loving having her here with us.~