Thursday, May 7, 2009

~I'm encouraged~

Thank you for your sweet comments and your prayers. I straightened up our home last night while "having a little talk with Jesus" and He helped my heart! =) Yesterdays news wouldn't have been so hard on us but since January we have thought we were going to have to move due to electrical problems, then thought maybe we weren't going to have to move, then again thought we were going to have to move, then they started fixing some of the problems in this home, and so we realized that we wouldn't have to move, and THEN...the land lady surprised us by telling us that we had 3 months to find another home for she and her husband (coming from the USA) want to live in this house. Talk about a roller coaster of emotions. I didn't tell you last night that we might be getting company from the USA in July (AND WE WANT THE COMPANY TO COME...but we'd like to have an organized house when they come =).

This morning when I turned our special calendar to today's date this is what I read:

Got any Rivers you think are uncrossable?
God any Mountains you cannot tunnel through?
God specializes in things thought impossible,
and He can do what no other power can do.

God is going to help us with our Colombian visas and with another house when it is time! I think that everywhere satan is trying to discourage God's saints...but let us take faith, read God's Word, and spend much time with him in our private place of prayer. I'm encouraged in Jesus! =)

6 comments:

Charity said...

So glad you're encouraged today!

Anonymous said...

Yes, we serve a GREAT BIG GOD!!! Love you dear sister! Laura

Kim M. said...

And your faith is an encouragement to your readers too! :-) God is faithful!

Kimberly said...

Just read the previous post, Heather...my goodness gracious! Love and prayers for you all!

Tamra said...

Keep encouraged! You are in God's hands!

Scott and Libby said...

Dear Heather, Im glad you are incouraged.With God nothing is impossable, also His ways are not our ways,sometimes he dosent do things the way we expect,or want. A lot of times its actually painful(Isaiah 53:10 Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him)But in the end, it glorifies him the most & produces the best results. A lot of times His answers come at the very last minute! So there can be no question as to who supplyed the need, therefore giving credit were credit is due. The Israelites had the Egyptian army right behind them & the Red Sea in front of them.When God parted the sea,it was at the last minute to say the least.He's done it for me that way plenty of times!A week before Christmas a year or two ago, my boss told me he was laying me off as there was no work. That Friday afternoon at about 3:30 on my way back to the shop to load my personal tools to take home as it was my last day! My boss called & told me there was some small amount of work for monday!I guess I could handle beeing laid off a week before Christmas, & losing a paid week off for Christmas(my first ever)not having a job & being broke through Christmas isnt exactly the funnest way to celebrate the Christmas season. But I prayed & told God If thats what he wanted for me I would try & be as cheerful about it as I could & not let it ruin the Joy of the season, but the one thing I was really worried about was the Kids, especally Leah as I wanted her to have a good Christmas,even though Christmas isnt about presants, to a child it is,& the joy of the season is a lot more joyful with a gift or two. Anyway work started to tricle in until we were swamped again. At the time my boss told me listen Christen we aint got no work so you better start praying.So I did! & when it was all said & done I told him & the rest of the workers that God takes care of His own & causes what we do to prosper! And every were we go & whatever we do the Lord makes it to prosper! Just like Joseph. So stay incouraged!Jeremiah 33:3 Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not. Love Uncle Scott

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...