OK, I was on someone's blog and saw that she had made an up-side-down apple pecan pie. I had never heard of one before...so I googled it and found the recipe. I made it last night...and here is what Phillip and I think about it. It is one of the most delicious desserts that we have ever eaten. Phillip thinks my original apple pie is the BEST, so he wants me to keep making that apple pie recipe, but loves this recipe too. It's a keeper! It sort of tastes like "Cinnabuns." Enjoy~
~UP-SIDE-DOWN APPLE PECAN PIE~
* 1 cup chopped pecans
* 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
* 1/3 cup margarine, melted and a 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
* 1 pastry for a 9 inch double crust pie
* 6 cups Granny Smith apples - peeled, cored and sliced
* 1/4 cup white sugar
* 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour or cornstarch
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
2. In a 9 inch deep-dish pie pan, combine pecans, brown sugar, cinnamon and margarine; spread into a single layer. Roll out dough, and place bottom crust over pecan mixture.
3. In a large bowl, combine apples, sugar, and flour. Pour into crust in pan. Top with second crust. Fold edges of crust over, and flute to seal edges. Make several small slits in the top to allow steam to escape.
4. Place pan on foil or cookie sheet during baking to guard against spillage. Bake in preheated oven for 40 to 50 minutes, or until crust is golden brown and apples are tender.
5. Cool pie in pan for 5 minutes. Place serving plate over pie, and flip to invert, being careful not to come in contact with molten sugar. If some of the nuts stick to the pan, remove them with a knife, and place on pie. Allow to cool for 1 hour.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~Some pics!
~When I pull out the camera this is what Elijah does...he CHEEZESSSSS. =)~
~Look Gram, I can sit up by myself now. (I probably could've earlier, but Mommy was too scared that I'd fall on this HARD floor and kill myself.=)~
~A couple weeks ago I was having a sad week and my sweetheart surprised me with these beautiful roses. (A dozen roses for $4.00...not too bad, huh?! =)
~I love Elijah in this outfit that the Pilmores got him.~
~A Sarah quote~
We were having family devotions and Phillip read Prov. 3:11 "My Son despise not the chastening of the Lord..." He then asked Kimberly and Sarah if the Lord chastens us? And they both responded, "Yes." Then he said, "What does it mean to Chasten us?" To which Sarah piped up and said, "It means he tries to CATCH US!" We cracked up for we could just see in our minds eye him trying to catch us. She had no clue what the word meant, just thought he was meaning "CHASING". Life is never dull with children. =)