Tuesday, March 22, 2016

~Our Women of Worth retreat, missions services,and update on Elijah.~

My Moma, Kimberly, Sarah, and I went to the Women of Worth retreat in IN last Friday and Saturday.  It was a special time and we really enjoyed being together.
Phillip and our younger children came over to IN with us and stayed with my Daddy.
On Sunday we had a missions service at the Sproles church (where Daddy and Moma attend) in the A.M., and a missions service at the Twin Oaks Church in Petersburg, IN Sunday evening.
We got back last evening.
Elijah got his cast on today.

~At the Women of Worth retreat, the girls and I had a table of things that we were selling.
Kimberly and Sarah made up these adorable roses, to attach to white lights, to hang on the head board of beds, or to use to decorate for a party, etc.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED THEY WILL BE SELLING THESE AT OUR BOOTH AT I.H.C.!~
 ~Here's a closer look of the pics of their roses and lights on the headboards of their beds.~
 ~The Girls at our Table at the Women of Worth retreat.~
 ~Then Sis. Robyn came by and snuck in the pic. :-) ~
 ~Their pretty roses for sell.~

 ~My Signs that I'm selling to help me REPLACE my MIXER that is nearly 21 years old.  
With all the baking I do for my family and to bless others, I need a dependable mixer.
SO, I'M SELLING MY SIGNS TO HELP ME BUY A BOSCH MIXER.
(A Bosch Mixer can handle up to 15 lbs. of dough at one time!!!)
 ~NEEDING AN ORIGINAL 
MOTHER'S DAY GIFT 
OR BABY SHOWER GIFT?
HERE'S A FUN OPTION!
SPECIAL:
1 sign for $12.00
or 
2 signs for $20.00!
I will be selling my signs at I.H.C. as well!!
 ~I was sooo HAPPY that Moma and Kimberly and Sarah could come with me.
L to R: Kimberly, Me, Moma, our good friend Miss. Linda, and Sarah.~
 ~My life-long friend Julie and I.~
 ~At the banquet on Friday night.~
 ~The theme of the Ladies' Retreat was "Daughters of the King."
The one on the Left is a REAL daughter of a real King from another part of the world...that was visiting our retreat.~
 ~My Sweet Moma and I.~
 ~Mary using MY PHONE to do a selfie. :-) ~
 ~Sis. Brock ordered these beautiful roses from our BELOVED Colombia!~
 ~Sis. Brock and Sis. Debbie did a great job planning the retreat.
Sis. Glick did a great job speaking challenging us to STAY IN KING JESUS' CASTLE AND CLOSE TO HIM!!!
She also challenged us to NEVER disappoint our King and ALWAYS REPRESENT HIM WELL!!~
 ~Sis. Brock planned a funny skit on Saturday and asked me to be the princess at the end.
Here's the ladies and I that were in the skit, ready to come out. :-) ~
 ~She asked me to sing,
"I am a Princess, I am a possibility!"
And then the 2nd verse I sang to the ladies went,
"You are a Princess, you are a possibility!"

 ~Here I am singing.~
 ~Sarah got a pic with the real princess.~
 ~Gramp hung a nice swing in his back yard for the kids.
Phillip and the kids really enjoyed getting to be with Gramp and helping him haul and split some wood for their furnace.~


 ~The kids love eating CEREAL at Gramp and Gram's house.  Lots of fun cereal choices.~
 ~Sunday A.M. Kimberly enjoyed playing violins with Sarah at the Sproles' church.~
~God gave us a good service!~
 ~Moma and I put Sunday dinner together.
I brought colorful paper plates and napkins with me, so that Moma would have very little clean up, since we had to leave for the next missions service right after dinner.~
 ~The kids.~
 ~Sweet Moma fixed a jacket for a dear older lady from her church.
To Thank Moma, that dear lady made 4 PIES for our Sunday dinner!
They were SO YUMMY AND such a BIG BLESSING!
(especially since we ladies had been gone to the retreat all Friday and Saturday and didn't have time nor energy to make a dessert for Sunday. :-)~
 ~Gram giving Mary a little turtle and some change she had found in her yard.~
 ~Abigail YELLED, "BYE!!!" for several miles down the road after leaving Gramp and Gram, then 2 seconds later, she FELL SOUND ASLEEP!
 ~Sunday evening we had a missions service in Twin Oaks Church, Petersburg, IN.
We have Quite the SPAN between our children...but LOVE EACH ONE OF THEM, AND EACH STAGE THEY ARE IN!!!
THIS OUR 18 MONTH OLD ABIGAIL,
AND OUR 18 YEAR OLD Kimberly!
(Abigail was being her normal silly self!~)
~God gave us a good service this evening as well.~
 ~After church at Twin Oaks, they had a yummy pitch-in.  It was fun fellowship too.~
 ~Abigail on one of the cots that the kids slept on in the fellowship hall at Twin Oaks.~
 ~The next morning, the pastor's wife, Holly brought us some delicious cinnamon rolls to go with our breakfast. :-)
 ~Abigail...the princess...in her jammies.~
 ~We got back around 4:30 Monday afternoon, then I went to the Cincinnati Women Of Worth meeting that night.
Amit, the Chef, cooked for us and it was a delightful evening.~
 ~His fried rice, and pasta were so yummy.~
 ~Elijah doing crafts with his broken arm, with a box and the wooden sticks from Aunt Laura.~
 ~Elijah opening up his Get-well cards for his broken arm, from Aunt Carole and GG.  He was delighted to find some green CASH inside of those cards!~
 ~Elijah's get well card from Gramp and Gram and his yummy choc. sucker. YUM!~
 ~Elijah got his cast on today.~
 ~Thankfully the cast is WATER PROOF!!!!~
 ~He got 2 colors on his cast, and the white stripes are GLOW-IN-THE-DARK! :-)
The lady did mention that part of his break was in his growth plate.  :-(
She said that they will have to keep checking to make sure all is healing fine with no problems.
PLEASE HELP US PRAY THAT LITTLE ELIJAH'S BONES WILL GROW BACK TOGETHER JUST FINE!! 
THANK YOU!!~

~HEATHER~

3 comments:

lila said...

What a lovely post. The roses are very pretty and your signs are wonderful. I'm glad you had a refreshing time with family and friends. You are one busy gal. Elijah acts like his arm doesn't bother him a bit. Kids accept things much easier than old people. I would be sitting and crying. Praying his arm heals well. Love to all

sherryldickinson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
sherryldickinson said...

Dear Heather,
The girl’s flowers they made and your little signs are very cute. I really like them! Abigail is getting cuter and cuter and she has learned to act goofy for the camera, that’s for sure. It’s so good to see you and your girls with your mother. It makes my heart happy that you are able to get together with her, once in awhile. I’ve never heard of the chef who cooked your dinner for the Cincinnati Woman Of Worth meeting. Dear little Elijah having that broken arm makes me so sad. I’m sure his glow-in-the-dark cast will make him happy in the dark of night, though. I surely do pray that his arm heals up correctly. That child managed to snap the worst part of his arm, didn’t he? This post was so interesting-it was great getting to see the pictures of so many church ladies, too. Love, Mom D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...