Friday, February 8, 2013

~My old wooden box Centerpiece...~

And company for Sunday dinner!
I had previously invited 2 families over for Sunday dinner last Sunday. (Then when the weekend came, I wasn't feeling too well, but we only have a FEW Sundays left to live here in Colombia, =( =( =( ...so I didn't want to cancel our company coming.)
I did manage to get out of bed to go down and make my table Fun. =)
I wouldn't have made it without my Kimberly and Sarah helping get the house and food ready.
~I love COKE Things!!  So, decided to take my old wooden box my sweetheart found me and use it as a centerpiece.  And I used Coke bottles inside my box, as the "vases" for my daisies.~
 ~Then to bring out the red in the Coke bottles, I used my gingham cloth table runner and napkins that I made in December on my table too.
Just for an extra fun touch I tied one of the napkins to my old wooden box. =) ~

 ~And since I've gotten rid of nearly all of my dishes, I just used plastic this time. ~

 ~Jesus helped our simple meal of Homemade chicken noodle soup, strawberry spinach salad, and rolls, homemade strawberry lemonade, and a fun Costa Rican dessert to go over well.  We had a lot of fun chatting, laughing, and just being together!
(And yes, Claudia (far right corner) is holding a dinner roll up to cover her face.  You just wait till I talk to her about that! =)~
 ~The kids ate outside, since our little kid's table died, and we don't want to buy anything new at this point.  We had a nice Sunday afternoon together.~
 

7 comments:

RicKaren said...

I love this tablescape! I'm all about red and white--especially gingham!

mmsbryan said...

What a neat table, so springy while we suffer the dead of winter! I so love you nice box and wonder who will rate that gift when you have to leave. (Will anyone even want it:-*) It is surely a cheery table and that box rates to be the center of a friend's special gathering. So thankful that you were able to make your plans happen. Love, Moma

Anonymous said...

Oh, I LOVE it! Everything from your new pic :) SO sweet. And the table setting...how simply beautiful. I love it all!!!

Anonymous said...

Love your ADORABLE decor!!! :) And I LOVE your picture at the top of your blog!!!! So cute!
nmh~

Daryl Hausman said...

Adorable decor! I really like the pic of you and Uncle Phillip at the top of your blog! Total Cuteness!
Love you all so much,
Brittany

Roseanne said...

Very pretty, you did a great job. Like the way you put the fork into the folded napkin! That wooden box it great. Lots of way to use it, I'm sure!

Sherry L Dickinson said...

Dear Little Miss Homemaker, what an adorable picnic setting with the gingham, daisys, coke bottles, and white plates! You are giving your life for your dear loved Colombians. I HOPE you are still alive to come to the States on March 12, 2013! How I love and appreciate you! Mom D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...