~I'm sharing a yummy easy fudge recipe with you today. Mocha nut Fudge (which is on the bottom of the red plate.) (And I included another fun fast treat at the bottom of my post.)
15 15 ~Mocha Nut Fudge~
Taste of Home
36 servings 15 mins.+ chilling.
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons Spice Islands® pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- In a heavy saucepan, combine the brown sugar, milk and corn syrup. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil and sugar is dissolved; boil for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; stir in chocolate chips, vanilla and coffee granules with a wooden spoon. Continue stirring until mixture is smooth and thick, about 5 minutes. Stir in walnuts.
- Shape into two 9-in. logs; wrap each in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight. Unwrap and cut into slices. Yield: 1 pound.
- When I make this recipe I just pour the fudge into a greased 9" pan and chill it for 2 hours. You can do either method. ~Heather~
Better Homes and Gardens
Melt 2 ounces dark or semit-sweet choc. Dip dried apricots 1/2 way in the choc., then press an almond on each. (I think it would be nice to toast the almonds!) Place on waxed paper on plate and set in freezer for 2 mins. or until set.
I made these yesterday and they are so YUMMY!