Monday, May 30, 2016

~Our baby is in Heaven~

~This is NOT how I had planned to spend our Memorial Day weekend.
On Saturday Phillip took me to the ER with concerns of baby and I.  We didn't get encouraging news!
Our kids helped us pack this fun patriotic basket full of snacks for Phillip and I to eat in the ER.~

Then, on Sunday morning, I had a miscarriage at our home  😥
Jesus is holding our precious baby in His arms today!
As our Pastor said it,
"Underneath your baby are the everlasting arms!"
Having a miscarriage was NOT on my bucket list of things to do in this life, but "All things work together for good to them that Love the Lord!"

Our Abigail is still "A big sister," just won't get to help Mommy with her baby brother or sister Here in this life! 😞


 ~We have decided to name our baby "Mercy."
It was God's mercy that loaned us the baby for a few weeks, and it was God's mercy that spared my life yesterday.
I had miscarried at home from 7:30 A.M. till 4:00 PM with a midwife guiding me over the phone.
But at 4:00 I fainted!!!!!  I fainted Due to so much blood loss and within three minutes Phillip was rushing me to the ER.
When I got to the ER my blood pressure was 72 over 41 and my hands were going numb.
I felt nauseated, and honestly thought I might be joining our baby in heaven.
But the nurses started working very fast and put an IV in each arm, gave me several liters of fluid, put oxygen on me, and did an EKG to check on my heart. Then they rushed me in for an emergency D and C.
How I thank God that we live close to a hospital, for their efficient care, for the care of my wonderful Phillip, and that God spared my life. ~Heather~

~The pic representing a Mother handing over her baby to Jesus...was in our hospital room and meant a lot to Phillip and I!~
 ~We had thought of sending our kids to church by themselves, with the Hausmans, but Thank the LORD, on Saturday night, Phillip had decided that our whole family should stay home on Sunday.  I have NO CLUE what we would have done without having our older kids to help us during this traumatizing day!
My wonderful sister Laura and her family brought over our delicious Sunday dinner.  It was such a blessing.  I was too sick to think of getting pics of all her yummy food, but did grab a pic of her delicious pie.  She made a yummy pepper steak and sauce to go over rice, and homemade french bread, we told her we had plenty of salad, and she made this delicious Custard pie.~

~While we were in ER, Aunt Beth and some of her children drove down to be with our children!  It was the highlight of our kids' day, and they were SOOO HAPPY and comforted to have Aunt Beth, Sophia, Isaiah, and baby Ava with them.  Thank you, Beth, for coming.~
 ~Isn't baby Ava just a dolly?  We love her!~
 ~Cousins, minus Joshua, Jeremiah, and our baby whom we have named "Mercy" who is now in Heaven.~
 ~Today on Memorial day our dear Pastor and wife came over and brought a Delicious lunch from Olive Garden!!~
 ~The Eisenharts always go way out...so we have enough yummy food for 7 days. :-) ~
 ~Yummy meats and pastas, these desserts, yummy peach tea, bread sticks,...
 ~and 2 bowls of salad.~
 ~The boxes the food came in provided fun entertainment for Abigail.  Abigail doesn't understand that Mommy doesn't have a baby in her tummy anymore, so she has no CLUE why she is receiving TONS of hugs and kisses right now.  She is such a comfort to my Mommy heart!~
 ~My friend Misty who has lost 5 babies, put this on my FB page.  When I read it, I wept out loud!!!~

THANK YOU for All your SWEET comments, love, thoughts, prayers, meals, etc. they mean the world to our family during this difficult time!!! 

~Heather~ with Phillip and our 6  ....7 precious children!!!

8 comments:

Moma said...

Thank you so much Phillip for keeping us posted of all that was going on yesterday. That was so sweet of
Aunt Beth to come down and stay with the children. I didn't want to bother you today with phone calls, so was so glad to get this post. Daddy has been working on his gardens all day so he hasn't checked his computer yet. The picture of the mommie giving Jesus her baby brought tears to my eyes! It is hard, but we now have four little babies in Heaven. Daddy and I love you all and have kept you in our prayers. Love, Moma

Emily Grace said...

So sorry for your loss, Dickinson family. That is so hard. We are praying for you all! May God be very near to your family through this valley, and bring you comfort.
Much love and many prayers,
the Albertsons

Barbara said...

Dear Heather,I know you don't know me, but I feel like I know you thru your blog. I too had a miscarriage this weekend, so I know the sadness you are experiencing. Thank you for the beautiful poem. Our baby's name is Shalom. I looked it up and the meaning is complete peace; without agitation.I couldn't help but think how beautiful to know our babies are with the Prince of Peace. Still praying for you and your family.

Anonymous said...

Praying the Lord's continuing comfort of your heart/the hearts of your family. Thank you for the update and thankful for the love Jesus is showing you.

knightfirstlady said...

Dear Heather and family,
I am so sad to hear of your loss and wept with you as I read this post, because I too have one in Heaven who would be celebrating a 4th birthday this year on July 4. It is a terribly hard thing to go thru, but the Lord gives comfort in the midst of the tears and heartache. Even though we've longed and prayed for more babies, we have never been privileged to have any more after this one. We have 2 other boys who are older and love them dearly! I will keep praying for you that the Lord will wrap His arms of love around your bruised and bleeding heart and bring healing as only He can in times like this! I too love the picture of the mother handing her baby to Jesus. If you ever get a chance, listen to the song called "Jesus Has a Rocking Chair"--it is a wonderful thought!
With love and prayers,
Sharon Knight

lila said...

Dear Friend, my heart goes out to you and the family. I'm so sorry for the loss but like you said God does all things well. I'm sorry you are still not up to par. Was looking forward to seeing you all at our church Sunday. Hope you feel better soon. Love and prayers

Hannah Avery said...

I'm so very sorry to hear this! A couple of years ago, this very thing happened to me. I miscarried at home, but lost a lot of blood, and had to go by ambulance from our local hospital to the bigger town to a bigger hospital for a D and C. It was traumatic for me, but God gave me such peace. At the time I had a little girl who was a little over a year old, and she was such a comfort to me too~ It happened right before Mother's Day. The verse comforted me that says, "Because I live, you also shall live."

-Hannah

Anonymous said...

Dearest Heather,
I'm so sorry to hear about you losing your precious baby! And so sorry it was so dramatic! It's so hard to lose your little one and then to have all that too! So glad God helped you get through this time. This winter I have had two miscarriages, but I didn't have to go into to the hospital, so I have no idea what you went through with that. I'm praying for you and know even though God did not plan this He will bring good out of this! Lots of Love, Hannah Klunder

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...