Tuesday, May 11, 2010

~A yummy recipe~

~"Chef" Elijah! Elijah saw me wearing a apron in the kitchen the other day and he wanted one. I have to wear a plastic apron now, for if I don't my baby bump gets wet when I wash the dishes. =) ~The other day I saw this recipe on Vanessa's blog. (She signs my blog occasionally.) I tried it and it was yummy! (Sorry, I forgot to snap a picture of a plate of this!)
I had to make a few adjustments to the recipe since I can't buy canned spaghetti sauce here, but I'm sure this recipe is just as delicious! So, I'm sharing it with you! It was a great easy Sunday dinner and my family really liked it!

~Super Simple Chicken Dinner~
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
26 oz. jar spaghetti sauce.
1/2 cup water
1/2 teaspoon salt

Cooked egg noodles or spaghetti

Place chicken in slow cooker; Add sauce, water, and salt.
Cover and cook on high setting for 4 hours. Shred chicken. Spoon shredded chicken and sauce over cooked noodles.

Serves 4

Serve with a fresh salad and homemade rolls. Viola...Sunday dinners on!

5 comments:

Janie said...

sounds delicious and easy. I will have to try it. love and miss you all!

sherryldickinson said...

That picture of chef 'Wijah' is so cute! I like how his boots match his apron. Smile.
This recipe sounds good and seems to be simple to prepare. Now, those beautiful dinner rolls don't look to be quite so simple to prepare! Ha!
Love,
Mom D

The Going Blog said...

Those dinner rolls could be on the cover of a magazine. I sure enjoyed talking with your Mother at our most recent ladies luncheon. Her ordinary stories are told in such a way that we all were captivated by them.

lila said...

Sounds yummy and the rolls look soooo good. I love your rolls. I remember whem you would send different breads home with us on Sundays, wow what a treat it was.love you tons p.s. what a cute chef, boots and all.

Vanessa Froelich said...

Glad you like the recipe. We have it quite a bit since it is SO easy to make. :) With only two of us, we have leftovers that are just as good as the first time.

Every time I see pics of Elijah, he reminds me so much of one our Pastor's boys, Caleb. I think that they are about the same age, and to me the look so much alike!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...