Wednesday, May 1, 2013

~Traveling on....~

~Jesus is giving us a good deputation. THANK YOU for your prayers.
Here we are in North Carolina with the Davis family.~
~And having a yummy snack with our dear friends...the Millers...after church.~

~Pretty mountains as we drove through N.C. heading to Penn View.~
~We were on our way to Penn View Bible College when I saw the sign for Roanoke, VA.  I thought..."Hey, we could drive by and see my brother Lincoln and his wife Lyn, and our niece Kelsea at their Christian day school...and SURPRISE THEM.
We did just that...got to see them,... and SURPRISED them very much.
It was so FUN!!  We only got to give quick hugs and visit for a few minutes, but it was worth it!!!
This is my Sweet Sis-in-law Lyn and I.~
~Lincoln and I in the front of his classroom.  He told me that I surprised him so much that we pretty much left him speechless.  =) ~

~My niece Kelsea and us. ~
~Here's Phillip speaking in chapel at Penn View.~
~After chapel our family had fun visiting with our good friends the Hoffmans.~
~Kim Hoffman and I...my other sister. =) ~
~Our family at Penn View.~
~Bro. Mowery and Phillip and I.~
~Then the dear Hoffmans let us stay with them for the rest of the weekend.  We had a lot of fun "Philosophizing," eating, visiting, cooking, and shopping together.~
~Having family devotions together.~
~The kids eating Mrs. Kim's yummy food~
~We ate Sunday dinner with them before we left to go to our next service.  I didn't want our boys to stain their shirts so had them remove them before they ate.~
~Doug and little Mary.~
~Kim and I.~
~Phillip and Doug.  Doug was such a blessing and helped Phillip change the oil in the Mission Helps van we are using on Saturday.~
~Our kids really enjoyed being together.~
~Our Sunday evening service was at York, PA.  We got to stay with our dear friends Jeff and Becky Paulus.~
~Becky and I call ourselves each others "twin."  For you see when I came to GBS a lady (whom I had no clue would be my future Mother-in-love =) saw me in the dorm at GBS and acted SHOCKED!  She asked me, "What in the world are you doing here?"
I told her that I was obviously here to study. ;-)
She said, "Well, you are supposed to be in Married and living in Pennsylvania!!"
She thought that I was Becky Paulus. =)
So, Becky is my twin.
We always have fun being together...even if it's just for a few short hours. =D ~
~Our kids and their kids had a blast jumping on their trampoline!~
~I even jumped a few minutes...the next morning before we left to travel back to Ohio.~
~Jeff and Phillip attended GBS together. 
Becky made us a yummy breakfast and helped me pack a lunch for the road.~
~Back at home: Here our kids are watching Phillip mow our lawn.  Our younger kids had never seen a lawn mower.  In Colombia they mow EVERYTHING...including big fields...with weed eaters.~
~Elijah working in our back yard. =) ~
~Then Darla, Sarah, and I unpacked 14 boxes from our basement of my china and crystal.  It was so FUN to see my dishes again after 8 1/2 years.~
~One Sunday night in Petersburg, IN I saw the lady in the blue jacket walk in and I thought..."I KNOW that face...WHO is that lady?"  Then, It dawned on me who it was.  It was dear Sis. Smith from the church that Daddy pastored in Loogootee, IN when I was only 11 and 12.  It was so fun to see her and her sister again!~
~This sweet lady wanted a picture with our Elijah and Mary.~
~Pastor Tim Miller and Phillip~
~Holly and I.~
~The Millers' children and ours had such fun running all over the church yard playing hide and seek.~
~During our Missionary Convention at our church last week...I needed an ingredient to make an international recipe, so my friend Michele took me to Jungle Jim's.  I was delighted to see lots of food from Colombia!  ~
~It was so fun to see the brand of coffee, coffee candy, hot choc., etc. that we used for the last 6 and 1/2 years in Colombia. =) ~
~Then I got to a "Ladies Night Out" with our CNC church ladies.  Things were busy and some ladies were sick, so there was only 5 of us, but we had an enjoyable evening eating and visiting together.~
~I snapped this picture of Mary on a very rainy April day.  One of her little friends from Jr. Church gave her this umbrella.  This is the FIRST umbrella she's ever owned....and she is happy with it.  =) ~
Lord willing, we pack up the van and leave Friday to go over to be with Daddy and Moma.  On Saturday morning my sister and her girls and I and my girls will get to attend a Mother-Daughter brunch with Moma.  We'll have a service with Daddy and Moma on Sunday...and then on Monday we head out west to do services out there for 2 months.  Please keep praying for us!!!!
 

5 comments:

lila said...

WOW!!!! I got tired just looking and reading your blog. I can't imagine how tired you are. I'm glad you are having a great time and seeing great people. I can't believe we haven't got to see you yet :( :( :( Hopefully when you get from the west. Praying daily for you all. Love you tons

Kimberly said...

Heather! :) Please tell me you are going to be SOMEwhere near me! :) I so wish I could be in IN while you are there!! The pic of Mary with the umbrella is so CuTe! She's growing up so much! Love to you all! Kim

Anonymous said...

I'm a little confused....are y'all staying in the US for good or going back Colombia?



Anne From tennessee

Daryl Hausman said...

So fun to play "catch-up" with ya'll. Loved this pic journal of your travels. So fun to "see" so many of our friends too! We'll miss you in all while you're away, but will be working hard to get all of our School Haus finished so we can make up for lost time visitin when you get back! Prayin for your travels!!!! Love you and miss you MUCH already!
Laura and Family

The Dickinsons said...

Dear Anne,
Thank you for your comment. Lord willing we plan to go back to work in Argentina somewhere in November, December, or January.
We plan on taking trips 2 or 3 times a year to go back to teach/preach/visit our people in Colombia as well. =)

God bless you,
~Heather~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...