Saturday, March 8, 2008

~The story behind the shoes that Phillip bought me!~

I have always liked this shape of shoe and heel. I remember when I was 9 or 10 my childhood friend Rebecca Pack had some shoes in that shape and I loved them. Anyways, when we lived in Costa Rica (2006) I started looking for shoes like this. I wanted this type heel, but I only wanted it about 2" high and not the 4-6 " heel that ALL the stores were selling. I also wanted an enclosed shoe, without a strap tying around my ankle. When we visited Nicaragua in 2006 (having to leave Costa Rica to renew our visa) I found the exact shoe that I wanted...however, the store that had it didn't have my size! =( Then I looked in the Good ole USA when I was back home to get our things 2006, and found nothing but the HIGHER ones, which I didn't want. (I'm pretty picky aren't I? =) I had looked in Colombia too. Well, this past January when my parents and us were in Medellin, we were riding on the Metro Train and I happened to look down and the lady standing in front of me had the VERY shoes on that I wanted! Needless to say I was thrilled, and asked her where she got them from and she told me the GENERAL direction. However, the only night that we had to look for them, the shops started closing at 6:00, and so thus went my hopes of finding any since we had to leave early the next morning. So, my dear Phillip told me that if I would tell him my size, and where that lady said to look that he would look for them the next time he was in Medellin. He did and since they were sooo CHEAP he bought me 3 pair in the size that I told him. However, like I mentioned before, here shoes sizes vary GREATLY...what fits you GREAT in one store is HUGE in the next! Since Medellin is 9-10 hours away, I couldn't be with him to try the shoes on, and the ones he bought were huge on me.) So, long story short, he exchanged the first shoes for a smaller size this week while he was in Medellin and these fit me perfectly! YEA! I was praying that since the other shoes that he bought were too big for me, that these would fit me nicely and not be too small...for he will not be back to Medellin for awhile! God answered prayer and I'm thrilled to have these shoes...after a 2 year search in 4 different COUNTRIES! (And I'm singing Phillip's praises for getting them for me! =D)
~For those of you who have asked...Here are my shoes finally! Since each pair has been tied in their individual bag to keep them clean, they look sort of scrunched. I'm happy with the colors he got me; Choc. brown, white, and beige/Kacki. (He was consulting me over the phone before he bought them, explaining what my choices of colors were! Thank you, Phillip, YOU are just the BEST! =)

I HAD TO POST THIS HILARIOUS COMMENT FROM MY DEAR S-I-L, VONNIE, ABOUT THE RECIPE OF SOPPY CHOC. AND BISCUITS. (SEE POST BELOW!)
Blogger Vonnie said...

Don't take a poll, don't think about it, just TRY it. It is awesome. When you call it chocolate gravy it makes it sound disgusting. It is chocolate pudding and biscuits. It is enough to make me want to die and go to heaven so I can kiss Andrew and Heather's great grandmother. :) And that's all I have to say about that...... :)

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your shoes Aunt Heather!! They are really cute!
We can't wait to see you all!!
Will be praying for ya'll and your trip home!
Your niece,
Natasha~

Patty said...

I really like your shoes. That style of heal is really comfortable to wear. Praying for a safe trip hme and a safe arival of the baby.

Ronda said...

I was so excited to finally see your shoes...They look both cute and comfy! Thanks for sharing them and the story that will always go with them!(smile) I love that your husband went "out of his way" to make you so happy! You are blessed to have each other! Hope that you are having a great day!

Kimberly said...

Oh, the thrill of the hunt! Vey cute! I feel your excitement! And it's OK to be a "leetle" picky!:)(at least I hope it is!:)

Kim M. said...

Heather,
I am so glad Phillip was able to find your shoes (what a treasure of a husband you have... I understand this because I have a treasure of a husband too who goes OUT OF HIS WAY to make me happy!). Your shoes look really comfortable.
Thank you SO MUCH much for Kimberly's Capp. recipe!!!. I felt bad and regretted after I had already posted the comment asking you when you were so sick; please accept my apology for that.
That was really thoughtful of you to share it with me.

Vonnie said...

heeheehee I'm so funny!! :) Nice shoes Heather, I'm so glad Phillip could find them for you!!

Maggie said...

Cute shoes Heather!!! and it is cool to know that God cares about ALL aspects of our life!! That was sooo sweet of Philip also!

CrazieChrisa said...

LOVEEEEE your shoes!!!! Can't wait to see ya'll soon!!!!! Btw, did you know that I have never had Soppy Choc??? I think I"m the only cuz who hasn't! Pretty bad, eh:=D Lol! Luv ya'll! Prayers for ya'll too!

Martha C said...

I love your shoes, too. Wish I could find some like that, but they always have some weird bangles or ankle straps as long as the south coast of Africa! (Come on, People, I have kids and do not have 20 minutes to lace my ankles!) I like weird shoes but do not like to make clinky noises when I walk! Sigh. . .Guess I'll keep looking and hope to find some like yours.

Beth Stetler said...

Great shoes!!

Melanie C. said...

Nice shoes...nice husband! You sound like you have a great husband just like me. Shawn is always going the "extra mile" to make sure that I am taken care of and loved! I think your husband really took the "extra mile" literally, huh?!?!!!!!

Kelly S said...

Very cute shoes. Now we want to see a picture of you modeling them!

Vonnie is right, chocolate gravy does sound pretty yuck. I think I'd stick with calling it pudding too!

Love reading your posts!

Kelly S said...

By the way, you'll see that it's 3:00 a.m. when I left my comment. I'm not up this late because I'm addicted to blogging! I have had a very long and stressful day with the kids climbing the walls all day. I finally got them settled and asleep about 1:00 a.m. and now I'm trying to relax and have a little quiet time before falling asleep! - trying to keep my sanity!

The Going Blog said...

I've been meaning to leave a comment...I really like ALL your new shoes :) I find it fascinating that you looked for a specific pair for so long. You genuinely like shoes :) Anybody I have ever known that could decorate really well also loves shoes (and purses). Have you noticed that? Hopefully we will get to see some of your shoes oh and your family too :)

Holdens said...

What a great story about the shoes..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...