Tuesday, January 4, 2011

~Fun Christmas activities~

Hello, Hello, Hello! Wow! I have so many pictures that I want to post and so many things that I want to tell you, but I have precious little time right now to blog. So I'll just leave you with this picture and a quick update. The Lord helped us to find a dry walling crew that came and dry walled our home in Cinci on Christmas eve and Christmas day. YEA!!! Then our dear friends Donald and Melinda and their 4 children came up from Pell City, AL and spent a week helping us on our home. They did everything from helping us paint the first coat of primer on, to lugging our things up and down stairs, to changing babies diapers, cooking meals, etc. They were a HUGE BLESSING!!!! So, with their and God's help we were able to spend the first night in our home in our own bed on Thursday, Dec. 30th! PRAISE THE LORD! Then on Friday my Bryan family came into town and we kept all of the girls. We had a blast being with all of my family!! Now, we are working on hooking up things, (feeding a baby), putting things in drawers, (changing a diaper), organizing, cleaning, collecting things that go to Colombia, making meals, etc.
We plan to have an open house for our Church people on Tuesday, Jan. 11th, from 6-9.
Please pray that I can get lots done before then.
Then after the open house we will have to start packing for Colombia since we fly there on Jan. 19th, Lord willing. I don't know how soon I will get to update my blog, but I'll do it as soon as I can. Thank you for your prayers, they mean a lot.
~We were delighted to get an invitation to the Beckers house for a yummy holiday snack. We had a great time visiting with them and Corrie and Kelly.~

4 comments:

sherryldickinson said...

It's hard to fathom that your little family is actually living in your OWN home. It's amazing how things get accomplished in your life, once your family puts their minds to it! And, thank the Lord for all the help he has sent your way!
We are happy you have your own place to come to when you are in the United States.
We were delighted to get to visit with you when we were in Ohio.
I trust you will survive the stress of these remaining days in the US. We'll be praying for you.
Love,
Mom and Dad D

lila said...

Oh Heather I am soooo happy for you.Praise Jesus for sending help!!!! That really thrills my heart.. We are going to try our best to see you all again before you leave..Love you tons

Anonymous said...

I awarded you a Stylish Blogger Award on my blog. You can read about it at www.livingalifeoffaithinthestorm.blogspot.com. I have been reading your blog for a long time now and really enjoy it.

Doug and Kim Hoffman said...

I am SO happy for you all to be in your home!! That is so exciting! I can so relate to the feeding and changing pampers - till you get those done, you hardly have time for other things sometimes! I pray you will be able to get it all done before you go back!

Love from our family to yours!
Kim

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...