Thursday, August 19, 2010

~Another delicious cookie recipe~


Here is the recipe for some cookies I made here recently. They are light, and yummy and easy to make!~
~Berry Shortbread Dreams~
(From Best of Taste of Home, the First Ten Years.)
1 cup butter (no substitutes), softened.
2/3 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla (The recipe called for almond flavoring, but our family doesn't like TONS of almond flavoring, and since there is almond flavoring in the icing, I changed this to vanilla in the cookies.)
2 cups flour
1/3 to 1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam.
Glaze:
1 cup powdered sugar
2 to 3 teaspoons water
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
In a mixing bowl, cream butter, and sugar. Beat in extract. Gradually add flour until dough forms a ball. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour, or until easy to handle. (You can make this several days ahead, and keep in 'fridge until ready to use!)
Roll into 1" balls. Place 1" apart on ungreased baking sheets. Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, make an indention in the center of each ball. Fill with jam.
Bake at 350 for 14-18 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Spoon additional jam into cookies if desired. combine glaze ingredients and drizzle over cookies.
Yield:
About 3 1/2 dozen cookies.
YUM! YUM!

3 comments:

Kelly S said...

I fixed these for my family last night. Yummy! Thanks for the recipe!

Angie D said...

These look magnificent! I'm a cookie recipe collector and I just copied it out. Thanks!

sherryldickinson said...

I would not have been interested in this recipe but because you posted a close-up of your cute little cookies - THEN, they looked so good that I decided I was interested in that recipe, after all!
And, I LOVE almond flavoring! Smile.
I hope you're doing alright, these days.
Love,
Mom
D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...