Thursday, March 19, 2020

~For Wives & Mommies ONLY~

(If you are a Man and read this, please don't let me know, so I don't die of embarrassment.)

~For quite some time I have wanted to post my little sign...but am just now getting around to it...and what a fitting time since we are all STAYING HOME, LET'S LOVE OUR FAMILY!!~


I recently heard a link where Denny Kennaston shared these great thoughts on the wife and homemaker.
The Role of a Godly woman is a paradox. If you want to be great, serve.  Greatness comes as we live the life of a servant.
[ Have you ever thought of all the Heavenly Angels do, 
and never get the credit. :-) ]
Joshua served Moses for 32 years and little is ever said about him.  He was called,
"Joshua, the servant of Moses." 
When God created Eve and gave her to Adam he presented her as a Helper, Meet for him, or JUST EXACTLY WHAT HE WOULD NEED.
{My man will have different needs, strengths and weaknesses than your man, but God and Phillip hand picked ME to HELP my man. }
Prov. 31:10-12 talks about The heart of her husband doth safely trust in her.
Her life is all wrapped up in helping and serving her husband.
BEHIND EVERY GREAT MAN 
THERE IS A GREAT WOMAN!

Her influence often exceeds the influence of her man who is in public.
                                                                                           -Denny Kennaston
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I know when we are doing all the dirty laundry, dishes, making meals, and sweeping those floors for the ump-teenth time, we don't feel like we have a GREAT MINISTRY, but we do.

Just think, if the angels can serve all the time behind the scenes, we can too. 

Here are some thoughts I wrote to a sweet Wife and Mommy that had asked me for some advice.
HereHello, this may seem like I'm rambling, and
πŸ˜ŠπŸ’•
I might be really straightforward at times in this, but please know it will be from my heart. πŸ’•
πŸ˜€
I am not preaching, just sharing my heart.
Loving my husband:
#1. Love him like you used to.
Not saying you don't, just a good reminder for us wives.
Remember how super excited you were to have him around when you were dating. How you always tried to look nice for him and smell pretty for him, and you couldn't wait to be together? I try to remind myself to stay that way toward him even after nearly 25 years of marriage. 😊


#2. Love him by Being his help meet. The devil loves for us to get so busy in life that sometimes it's easy to think, "let him pack his own lunch, or let him find his own wallet, etc." But then I remember that I married him because God said that 
It is not good for a man to be alone and that he needed a help meet. And Philip chose me over every other lady in the world ...so I want to do the best job I can! πŸ’•

#3. Love him by praying for him and focusing on his good points!!! The things that made you fall in love with him!
Someone said it this way, 
"Be to his virtues Very Kind,
Be to his faults a little blind!!"


#4. Love him by putting him first ...his rightful place.
The children are wonderful and a gift from God, but God gave our husbands to us first and we should keep them in the number one spot.
Here's where I'm going to talk pretty straight. πŸ˜€
I'm super convinced that the devil makes couples die (be very tempted) to do "The Wonderful" before they are married… When it is a sin, 
and then works overtime to make the lady not want to do "The Wonderful" when that is God's beautiful design for marriage.
"But honey I'm tired",
"I've spent all day with the kids",
"I have a headache," etc. etc.
God designed "The Wonderful" to unite your spirits and make you one in your marriage. And the health benefits are out of this world. 😊 
I believe God designed the man to physically need it so much, because if not we ladies would get so busy we'd never take time to do it. πŸ˜€
There's times my house isn't super clean, (my house is never perfect), I may feel like the laundry is running out my ears, etc. but when I take time to be with my Phillip he thinks I'm a #10 wife! (On a scale from 1-10, #10 being the Best! :-)
Just so you know, I don't always get it right! I'm constantly trying to pray that Jesus will help me to be a good wife, read books to better myself as a wife, send Phillip love notes or texts, and take time for him! When I do, all the other areas in my life line right up.  

By the Way, My Sweetheart treats me so Special! He "carries me around on a Satin pillow," and treats me like a Queen.
~Heather~

~Sarah and I made homemade honey whole wheat bread last night.~
~It is a hearty yummy bread~
 ~Here is the recipe in case you want to make it.  It is from the Duggar family~
~Letting Abigail knead the bread~
(My thoughts to that sweet wife continued.)
Loving my children: πŸ‘ΆπŸ»
#1. Love your children by loving their Daddy! Try not to talk badly about your husband to them and let them see you loving each other (pats, kisses, hugs) and that will make them the most happy and content children ever. πŸ’•

#2. Love your children by spending time with them! You don't always have to go, go, go!
Recently I saw sign that said, "Let's stay home."
Play games together, make a recipe together, color together, read books, etc.

#3. Love your children by praying for them daily. The devil is stupid and does not care how he traps our children. Phillip and I fast one morning a week to pray for our children.
They are our "arrows" that we trust will shoot further than we have been able to go for God.

#4. Love your children by making sure that they obey.
Our children aren't perfect, but Phillip has made sure that we train them to obey us and God and that our word goes.
Sadly I have been around people that enjoy being around our children rather than their own grandchildren because their own grandchildren scream, never mind, and are unpleasant to be with. ~Heather~

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 
 ~HE HAS RISEN INDEED!!!!~

Marriage doesn't take 2 people; it takes 3.  
You cannot have a good marriage if God 
is not in the Center of it!

Marriage is getting to have a sleepover with your 
BEST FRIEND, every single night of the week!! 
                                   -Christie Cook
 ~As for me, I know that my Redeemer Lives...

My Daily Marriage Secret:
I will be more DELIGHTFUL to my husband than when he first met me. 
                      -Nancy Campbell

...That men and women should marry and raise a family.  There is no nobler calling than for men and women to join together in marriage and in life.   
                        -Valorie Quesenberry
 ~The Most Important Work you will ever do will be 
within the walls of your own Home!~

Your most important Disciples are sitting 
at your kitchen table!

The Greatest opportunity to spread the Gospel exists
 inside your own home.
                                    -Called to Mothering
~I went to delete a Taste of Home email the other day, 
when this recipe caught me eye.  
Since I had to make cookies for the girl's recital cookie reception the next day, I decided to make this recipe.  It's yummy!
Laura Bush's Cowboy Cookies.
 ~I Made some changes.  Instead of the 2 cups of coconut, I used 1/2 cup white chocolate chips, and an extra 1/2 cup of oatmeal.

 ~My Kimberly posted this pic after I gave her a cookie. :-) ~

A child is going to remember who was there, 
not what you spent on them. 
Kids outgrow a toy and outfits, 
But they never outgrow time and love.

Live your life in such a way that there are those who will Thank God that you lived.

A flower does not think of competing with the flower next to it, it just blooms.

~The former owner of our house must have planted these, but they were a surprise to us when they came up.  Our sweet Mary and Abigail picked these for me. ~

She talked to God daily and that is 
what made her lovely!!

 ~Our kids music lessons are by Face Time right now.
Elijah was the first one to have his lesson that way.~

In light of what is going on in our world right now, 
Trust God, 
Enjoy spending this time with your family by making fun recipes with the kids, playing games, sing together, reading stories, reading the Bible together and PRAYING for those who are affected by this and are fearful and do not know God.  
My prayer is that they will come to KNOW JESUS through this!!
Let's keep praying for each other!!!


I made the universe out of nothing.
Trust me.
I can take care of you! 
             ~GOD~

Worrying DOES NOT take away tomorrow's troubles, 
it takes away Today's PEACE.

When my heart is overwhelmed:
lead me to the rock 
that is higher than I.  
Psalm 61:2b

~HEATHER~

6 comments:

lila said...

Very good advice!!! You did a beautiful job presenting it!!

The Dickinsons said...

Thank you so much, Sweet Lila! Love you!

Anonymous said...

Very good! Too many women have more time for their friends, etc. than they have for their very own husband. A woman should NEVER make her husband look bad in front of his (opps - their) children. That is not a sign of a submissive wife. Some women need training on how to be keepers at home instead of socializing and running everywhere else. I wonder how many men will read this and secretly wish their own wife would take heed? Personally, I cherish my dear husband!! Enjoyed!!!

The Dickinsons said...

Thank you, anonymous, for your nice comments. :-)

Joy & Randy said...

Thank you for taking the time to encourage all of us younger wives as God's Word teaches ! It was an encouragement and challenge to my own soul! What you said are things I've been praying for the Lord's help with myself! Thank you for being a blessing! Joy

The Dickinsons said...

Thank you, Joy, for your nice comment!! You are so welcome! I'm so glad that it was an encouragement to you. The world and the devil surely don't encourage us in this way, but when we are the kind of wives that Jesus wants us to be, oh, how happy married life is!! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...