Saturday, November 2, 2019

~Let's walk through our new Home~

Thank you for your prayers!  The Lord gave Phillip and Kimberly a wonderful trip to Colombia and brought them back safely to us!!!  They got the privilege to visit 5 works in Colombia, including 2 new ones!


~OUR HOUSE TOUR~
I assume that most of you have read about the MIRACLE that God created in giving us our new home.  
If not, you can CLICK HERE to read that!
It has been requested that I post pics of the inside of our new house Jesus provided for us.  
So, grab yourself a cup of hot chocolate, tea, or coffee and COME ON IN.
~WELCOME!!!~
~The front porch and door~

~One of the things that made us fall in love with our new home was that it 
felt so cozy and homey. ~
 ~The kitchen is large and I love the large bar to work and serve on, and love it
that it has electricity for crockpots, etc.
~In case you don't have a cup of hot chocolate ...we can stop by
our hot chocolate bar and make some. :-) ~
 ~Our Dinning Room~
 ~I LOVE FALL....~
~We love the openness of this house.~
 ~Hot coffee, whipped topping, and Pumpkin Pie Spice...

~I OFTEN CRY AND THANK JESUS FOR GIVING US SUCH A BEAUTIFUL HOME TO SHARE WITH OUR CHILDREN AND OTHERS!!~
 ~Our Living Room~
I LOVE white walls...and Victorian lace curtains...so that is another reason I fell in love with this house.  The walls were already white, and I even got to buy his lace curtains!~ 
 ~Some months before we were to move, Phillip told me that our couch was worn out
and that we couldn't move it.
I REALLY wanted a leather couch, but knew that would 
take a MIRACLE from Jesus!  
Well, shortly thereafter....my dear friend Penny texted me from IN and asked me if I wanted a leather couch?!!!!!!  What?!!  My MIRACLE!!!!
Then she told me that it was RED and that she had planned to PAINT IT Chestnut Brown
with leather paint, and asked me if I wanted it Red or Brown.
I told her that I preferred it brown.
So, she painted it and their family delivered it to us.
ISN'T IT BEAUTIFUL?!!!!!
Thank you, Dear Jesus, and Dear Rodney and Penny, for our beautiful leather couch!!!~
 ~My sweet friend Penny and I~
 ~On the buffet~




 ~On the piano~





~Kimberly and Sarah's room~
The girl's room is a mixture of things in life that have made them happy.  Like above Kimberly's bed she has put together a Collage of old airplane tickets and money 
from various countries.  
And a framed piece of dear Great Grandma Bryan's needle work that says, 
"If you see someone without a smile, give them one of yours!"
Phillip found the paintings of the ladies in Costa Rica when he was studying Spanish there, and Grandma Dickinson 
had them framed.  
Gramp gave Sarah his old AZ license plate.  
Also hanging are pics of 2 of her childhood friends that she prayed in....Gaby in Colombia, and Valen in Argentina!
 ~Sarah's bed~
~Kimberly's~
 ~Kimberly didn't want a brass fan ...so she took it all apart and painted it white.  :-)
Then they made the fun colorful tassels.~
~Kimberly's desk~
 ~Sarah's desk~
~Kimberly and Sarah and some of their dear friends in their room at Sarah's graduation party!~
 ~Kimberly and Sarah's bathroom~
~They loved their chandelier from the old house and so they put it in their bathroom.~
 ~Gram gave them these old butterflies (maybe Home Interior?) and they sprayed painted them.~
~My Pumpkin chocolate chip Scones...and the recipe~

 ~The hallway of photos...the photo gallery~

~We got to attend the Keith Schaper's missionary service.
The kids enjoyed spending some fun time with the Schapers ...fellow MKs...
and our dear friends the Stampers.
 ~The Master bedroom....our room~


~The Latte that my sweetheart brought to me one morning recently.~


~One of my favorite Fall sayings....~


~Our Bathroom~
 ~This antique desk is what Phillip gave to me as a wedding present.
I didn't know where we could place it in our new house, but it fits perfectly in our bathroom.~
~God gave Mary and Abigail a beautiful girly room 
with a nice sized closet~
 ~As I was trying to figure out where to put all Mary and Abigail's stuffed animals and dolls, I thought it would be fun to use the wooden wagon that my Daddy
built for my nieces to ride in in our wedding. ~

~When we dropped Phillip and Kimberly off in Columbus to fly to Colombia,
the kids and I enjoyed a day in and getting to know Columbus.~
~The kids in a fun phone booth.~
~The dear Beckers took the kids and I out one Wednesday night after church.
It was fun visiting with them.~
 ~Our dear friend David shared this chocolate with our family~
 ~Marco from Peru and the Flings come for a visit.~
Years ago Phillip and Pastor Jimmy from Colombia took a trip to Peru and met Marco.  
Marco has done a lot to help the Flings as they have 
worked in Peru.
Last week, Marco got to come to the US and stayed a few days with the Flings.  They brought him down to worship with us on Sunday.  We enjoyed our visit with him and the Flings, and God's presence was so SWEET during our service.~
 ~On Sunday the kids and I made and took Sunday dinner to the Beckers to feed everyone.
So fun to visit with Sis. Carter and Michele.~
 ~Bryon, Bro. Becker, Marco, Phillip and Noah.~

 ~They harvested the soy beans across from us. The former owner's son let Mary
and Abigail ride in his tractor.~

~THE SIDE PORCH...one of our favorite places.~


~Dad D. welded this together years ago and Phillip rode on this as a little boy at
Gospel Center School in AZ.
Now, it is in our yard for our "littles" to enjoy.~
 ~The heater quit working in our Suburban so while Phillip and Kimberly were in Colombia, we went and spent a few days with Grandpa and Grandma and dear Grandpa and Noah fixed it.~

 ~We had such a fun visit with Grandpa and Grandma!~
 ~While I was there I made 3 loaves of Cinnamon raisin bread.~

 ~The kids and I went on a fun fall walk.~

 ~The kids throwing leaves and playing with their dear friends the Arender kids.~
~I have a nice laundry room and 1/2 bath that I will try to post pictures of some time.
Grandpa, Phillip, and the boys are building the boys a bedroom in our 2 1/2 car garage.
Pics coming of that later.
THANK YOU FOR STOPPING BY FOR 
THE HOUSE TOUR!!!!
~HEATHER~

5 comments:

lila said...

I’m so thankful you have such a lovely home filled with God’s presence!!!! You gave a beautiful tour!! Love you all tons!! 🙏🙏

Diane said...

Soooo happy for you all! It’s just perfect.

Roseanna said...

I live October, and as a little kid used to think it was the coolest that it was also my birthday month...now as I steadfastly totter into middle-aggedom, I prefer to pretend like I dont have a birthday. That's another story, though. Your house is so cute, and I love the cozy vibe. If a giant marshmallow had chairs, your house would be it. Always enjoy reading your posts. Have missed the blog!

The Dickinsons said...

Dearest Lila, Diane, and Roseanna...
Thanks bunches for stopping by and for leaving your sweet comments! It was so Fun hearing from y'all!
Love, ~Heather~

monica said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...