I’ve Been Nominated for a Liebster Award!
Thank you, Kimberly at http://frontierblessings.com/
Eleven Random Facts About Myself:
1. I LOVE being a wife and Mommy. I have dreamed of being one since I was 3. =)
2. I love being a pastor's wife. I love trying to touch the lives of the ladies in our ministry. =)
3. I LOVE babies and wanted 12...until I found out that I had to deliver them. =) Now, I'll be HAPPY with the half of a dozen that Jesus has given us! =)
4. I LOVE baking. I LOVE tea rooms, teas, and pastries. However, I wouldn't enjoy owning a tea room, for I could never watch the people ENJOYING my treats. But, I LOVE making treats and pastries for my family and the many visitors that I have into our home. =)
5. I am very claustrophobic. I wasn't that way until I was expecting our 5th baby. =)
6. I love dark chocolate...although I rarely treat myself to it. =)
7. I have lived in 5 different countries. =)
8. I've made a cookbook in Spanish of some of my favorite recipes to share with our people in Colombia. =)
9. My parents have been married for nearly 53 years. Phillip and I are going on 19 WONDERFUL years of marriage. =)
10. I LOVE to decorate. =)
11. I love setting pretty tablescapes. =)
And here are the answers to the questions that Kimberly asked me.What is your favorite healthy food? A yummy green salad filled with veggies.
If you could tell the world one thing, what would you say? Wives LOVE your husbands. Don't treat them like a little boy or an idiot, Love them for WHO they are. =)
What is your favorite hobby? BAKING!!!!!
If you could give advice to yourself as a child, what would it be? Get established in Christ earlier.
Who or What inspires you? My Moma! She's the QUEEN of baking, sewing, decorating, writing, wife-ing, Mother-ing, Grandmother-ing, etc. =)
What is your goal for this year? Help my kids finish their schoolwork before we go back to the USA in June.
What is your middle name? Colwell (after my Daddy's Mom, who lived to be nearly 105. She was a Wonderful Christian and is now in Heaven with Jesus.)
What is your favorite kind of chocolate? Dark
Who is your favorite historical figure? I like Abraham Lincoln.
What is your favorite animal? I'm not really into animals, but I guess a dog.
Why do you blog? God called our family to move from the USA back in 2005. We spent a year in Costa Rica studying Spanish, then moved to Colombia in June 2006 to be missionaries. I was SO LONELY for fellow lady friendship!!! I had been so used to having visitors over and LOTS of fellowship, that I thought I would die for LADY fellowship for the first few months in Colombia.
Then in March 2007, I started my blog, and it HEALED my heart!!! I then could share about my days with an audience, and those that left comments made me feel like they had "come for a visit" that day. =) My blog is my living journal, and I try to print books of my blog for a keepsake for my family. It's still my LIFE SAVER today as we are now working for Jesus in Argentina! =)
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Since I'm BUSY helping my children try to FINISH their school work before we go back to the USA in June to have baby #6...I didn't have time to go and link other blogs to this.
However, if you want to do this, leave me a comment that you would like to do this, and I'll link your blog to this.
If you want to leave a comment, and don't want to do this, THAT IS JUST FINE TOO! =D