Wednesday, October 4, 2023

~Noah's Mission Trip, WOW Retreat, & Step on in for a little tour of our house all cozy for FALL!~


~Thank you so much for your prayers for Noah!
The Lord really Helped Noah and his team as they worked in New Mexico!!!  
God created miracles and gave them wisdom and Strength as they helped repair an Artesian Well for the community and missionaries.~
~The day they poured concrete, it was Noah's job to sift through the concrete for any chunks, because chunks would ruin the machine.
By the end of the day,  Noah was covered in concrete. (which ended up eating into his skin. )

~Noah giving a devotional one morning.~
~Noah driving the tractor.~
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
~I never got to post pics of the table I did for the kid's 
first day of school.
We have been homeschooling since 2004!!!
We cannot believe that we have 3 kids down,
and 3 kids to go. 
I think that Abigail will graduate in 2033! :-) 

One of my favorite hymns is "Day by Day!"

"Every Day the Lord Himself is with Me, 
with a Special Mercy for each hour!"

How we love our dear Children and we are so glad for this time to invest in their lives!
I will blink and these School days will be over.

As Sis. Regina Stetler says,
The Days are long,
but the 
YEARS ARE SHORT! 


~The story of My China Cabinet~

~Back in 2013 or so we went to visit my parents and they took us to look for a china cabinet for our China.  

We had purchased our Bodmann Ave. house in Cinci back in 2010. But then it needed so much work on it, 

that we worked hard and did new plumbing, new roof, new electricity, etc. 

but only got to live in it 19 short days 

before going back to Bogota, Colombia for 2 years.  

So, when we came home for deputation 2013, 

we were needing some furniture.  

We hopped from store to store trying to find the right 

China Cabinet.  

We were thrilled to find this one that had just been 

freshly painted in chalk paint, 

and was in our price range.~

~Speed up to this summer.  
It had NEVER before crossed my mind to paint my 
China Cabinet white.  
I knew that I wasn't thrilled with the color anymore, but this past July, I got inspired, and painted my China Cabinet WHITE!

I LOVE THE NEW BRIGHT LOOK!!!

~OUR LIVING ROOM BEFORE...
~Jesus helped me find a rug for our living room 
for CHEAP at Gabe's!~

This past Weekend I got to go to the Women of Worth Retreat in FUN Amish Country in Berlin, OH!  

It was a very fun and refreshing weekend to catch up with dear friends, do some shopping, and feel renewed Spiritually!

The Lord helped my dear friend Sis. Susan Carter and she did a phenomenal job speaking!


~It was so fun to hang out with these sweet ladies, my dear friends!
L TO R: Sis. Carter, Miranda Cox, Reva Campbell, Myself, Sis. Kristal Becker.~

~Mary turned 13 the weekend of the Women of Worth Retreat.  
I hated to be away from her that whole weekend. 
Berlin is not too far from where Josh (and Sarah) pastors.  
When Women of Worth planned the schedule, they gave us ladies 6 hours to shop on Saturday afternoon.  

So, my family was able to come up and hang out with me on Saturday afternoon.  :-). 

It was soooo fun to hang out with my family and we hit the thrift stores and fun shops around Berlin.~


~Kimberly and Sarah packed a fun picnic for us which we enjoyed in a Gazebo in downtown Berlin.~

(Chris could not come, and Noah was still on his mission's trip in New Mexico.)

~I LOVE FALL!!!  
It is when I was born, 
and when Phillip and I started dating!  <3

I love the 
Falling leaves,
Warm burning candles,
Scents of Caramel and Pumpkin,
fun boots,
yummy hot drinks,
cozy scarves,
Flannel Blouses,
Chilly air,
fuzzy blankets,
& time at home with those I love!

~I love this sign that I got recently off of Amazon.

"LIFE STARTS ALL OVER WHEN IT GETS CRISP IN THE FALL!!"
(The sign came a little damaged, so when I tried to send it back, 
they said to keep it, and they would reimburse me.)  
Thank you, Sweet Jesus, for free signs.

~On the Front Porch~
~Fun Fall Drink~
~Candy Corn & Peanuts~



~I love using Abigail's little boots each fall. 
(The touch of Coral Lace on the bucket, came from a blouse that had see-through sleeves.  
I cut them off, and wear a jacket with that blouse, but the lace was too pretty to throw away. :-) ~



~And who needs to go out for a Yummy Coffee?!
I have a blast making fun yummy coffees right here in our home!
Bring on the 
Fun Mugs,
creamers, 
cool whip, 
caramel, 
pumpkin pie spice, 
or cinnamon.~
~Last Christmas Sarah got me this fun sign, 
"Thanks I got it at Hobby Lobby."

~On the Side porch!  
As a busy Wife and Homeschooling Mother, 
I don't sit down very often, but I love to sit in the swing Phillip got me, 
when I get an extra few minutes to relax.~
~You can see my mug tree in this pic.
I have a weakness for fun White mugs!  
So, anytime I go to a thrift store, I am looking for white mugs!~

~Our lives stay busy what with Family, 
Missions, our Church, traveling, etc. 
So we don't do a lot of projects around our house.  
I am one that loves white walls...
and that way I let my decor be the color.
So, I rarely paint my walls.

But, our front door and the door frame around it was needing a fresh touch of paint. 
I told Phillip that I wanted to paint it a color.  
So, we went shopping and agreed on a color.
 OUR FRONT DOOR BEFORE....~
~Our front door NOW!
I love the new look!!~

Thanks bunches for stopping by!
~HEATHER~

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed the update on the retreat, Noah's trip & your Fall decorating!

The Dickinsons said...

Thank you, Anonymous for stopping by and for your sweet comment! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...