Thursday, November 2, 2017

~God's Bible School Homecoming, Union Bible College Missionary Convention, etc.~

Our Kimberly is doing well in Colombia.  She flew to our church in Cartagena, Colombia today...to visit our dear people there for 3 days. 
Then she will fly back to Bogota on Saturday, then SHE WILL FLY ALL NIGHT MONDAY NIGHT...arriving HOME to us Tuesday morning!
PLEASE KEEP PRAYING FOR HER!!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Here are pictures from God's Bible School Homecoming.  God's Bible School is our Alma Mater.
This was also my parents Alma Mater, and this year was my Daddy's 50th college class reunion.
~Little Mary~

 ~Friday morning the day of GBS Homecoming, my friend Sherry Patton came by to help me with my back.  She surprised us by bringing us YUMMY bagels and cream cheese from Panera Bread...where her girls work.~
 ~Emily and Kimberly came home from GBS to practice their songs on their violins before the GBS orchestra at chapel that morning.~
 ~Our family and Gramp and Gram at the yummy Homecoming supper!~
 ~This was Daddy's 50th College Class reunion~
  ~Our 3 youngest~
 ~Abigail~


 ~Kimberly ready to play her violin in the GBS orchestra~
 ~Abigail hugging Kimberly before service~

 ~My Daddy's college class.  ~
 ~Daddy is the middle male.~

 ~The older Stetler (with Paul filling in) singing~
 ~The College choir...Dear Jesse had his seeing-eye dog up on the riser with him.~
 
 ~Bro. Dan Stetler being honored~
 ~We were sooo HAPPY to have Bro. Garen Wolf direct our alumni choir!!~
~Our Alumni Choir singing, directed by Garen Wolf~
 ~I got the scary privilege of singing the short solo on our alumni choir special~
~Abigail Enjoying Graeter's Ice cream~
  ~A goofy game~
 ~My sweet friend Joy and I~
 ~Samantha, Kimberly, Sarah, Darla, Katie, and Jessica in Jessica's room~
 ~Kimberly, Bryanna, Lauren, and Sarah~
  ~My Sweet Daddy and I~
 ~Scott and Noah playing checkers~
 ~Sarah, Darla, Becky~
 ~Free hamburgers and hot dogs.~


 ~My sweet friend Crystal and I~
 ~My SWEETHEART and I~
 ~Sarah, Abigail, and the cow from Chick-fil-a~
 ~Daddy visiting with Chad~
 ~Then several of the kids (Noah and Elijah included) raced the cow.~

 
 ~The cow is on the ground...ready to race~
 ~The fun slide~
~Emily and Kimberly~
 ~Eva and Mary ready to slide~

 ~Noah~



   ~Making Sunday dinner at our house with Gram~
 ~Gramp and Abigail sitting on our front porch.  Gramp was helping her learn her colors~

 ~Gram made the majority of our Sunday dinner, and I made some and set a Fall-ish table~

 


 ~This was Kimberly's last Sunday...before she took her mission's trip
to visit our people in Colombia. ~

 ~Gram and Gramp~
 ~Abigail's "addition" to my fall decor...
Mrs. Potato head. :-) ~
 ~Gram's chocolate cupcakes..and ice cream were our dessert.~
 ~Pastor Appreciation Gifts for our Pastor and Wife.~
 ~Bro. Becker called Kimberly up front on Sunday night before she took her mission trip to Colombia and then had everyone gather around her and pray for her trip.~

 ~Kelly, RaeQuelle and Sarah singing the special that night.~
 ~Abigail's little hand and Mommy's hand.~
 ~Fun squash that Daddy grew.~
~All ready for the oven.~
 ~A fun pic of cousins...Taylor and Sarah...from when we were in VA~


~UBC MISSIONARY CONVENTION!~
~My Sweet friend Susanna and I got to sneak away for a few minutes.
She had a gift card to Panera Bread, so we got enjoy some yummies together!~

 ~So neat to have Bro. Wolf sharing about Music and the Bible~


 ~"Music in Worship...the Enormous Responsibility of Guiding God's people into God's presence as Musicians in the 21st century."~
 ~We had some delicious meals at UBC that week!!~
 ~The day we went to the Mission's convention at UBC is the day that our Kimberly Flew to Colombia.  This is the pic she took right before she landed in Bogota.~
 ~Fun treats awaiting her.~
 ~Sis. Farly's Delicious food!~
 ~Abigail and her friend building something~
 ~The UBC college choir~
 ~"Our Bethany" on the front row~
 ~Elijah and Levi...twins separated at birth. :-) ~
 ~Our family was so Happy to see our friend Erdmin from Colombia.~
 ~Sarah, Phillip, and Erdmin.~
 ~They had UBC school spirit day at Chick-fil-A...so LOTS of us from UBC went after church.~
 ~WHERE IS ABIGAIL?....
 ~awww, THERE she is.  :-) ~
 ~Greg and Susanna, and Chloe, and Phillip, Myself and a very grumpy Abigail~
 ~Awww, much sweeter face.~
 ~The Lord helped Duane Q. speak at UBC
I've known him since I was a tiny girl.
He attended my Daddy's Christian School in Friendsville, TN.~
 ~Chloe and Abigail~
 Colossians 2:8
Beware lest any man spoil you through Philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.~
 ~Mary and her friend~
 ~That evening some dear friends invited us to go to Culver's with them.~

 ~Friday morning we had a "break away session" time, where the students went around the gym and sat in front of each missionary or organizations booth and they had 7 minutes to talk to them from their heart and also explain their organization, etc.~
 ~Phillip talking to a group about Colombia and Argentina...at our booth~
 ~Wes and Misty beside us~

 ~Abigail taking selfies.~

 ~Bro. Donald Smith~
 ~Bro. Rodney Keister~
 ~Daddy holding Abigail while he talked.~
 
 ~A yummy recipe that they served at UBC.  I hope to make it soon.~
 ~So fun to see Martin and Bethany.  Martin's brother Jeff is married to my "Best Cousin" (Susan is closet to my age, so we were always together.) ~
 ~Abigail drinking her ice cream.~
 ~Susanna and I saying goodbye
The Lord gave us a great week at UBC missionary convention.
It was challenging and made us want to touch more lives for Christ.~
 ~Abigail and her friend~
 ~Darla had a concert with the Cincinnati Community Orchestra.~
 ~Abigail kneeling on the bench.~

 ~Our adorable niece Ava...all ready for bed...sitting in the bathtub!  :-{
 ~We have a great niece. Keith and Natalie have a baby girl.~

~Little Carson got a baby sister!!~
 ~Silly Abigail wearing her Daddy's hat and boots.~
 ~I was so Happy to find this tea pot for around $2.00 at Goodwill. 
It matches the tea set that we used in U. Charlie's parent's home in Argentina. 
Then before we left, U. Charlie and A. Yoli let us bring some of that tea set back with us.~
 ~Abigail and I having a "tea party."~
 ~He hath made His wonderful works to be remembered: 
The Lord is gracias and full of compassion.  Psalm 111:4

 ~The Flings giving an update on Peru.~
 ~One night before it started getting chilly,  Noah and Elijah decided to sleep outside in our back yard.  Great idea, right....?
 ~Not...!  Because our puppy Flint "slept" with them. ~
 ~During the night, Flint started tearing up Elijah's brand new sleeping bag. :-( ~

~Abigail is the MARSHMALLOW in the hot chocolate of our lives!!~

 ~Phillip's instagram capturing pics from the UBC missionary convention.~

~I love this little "seed sack" on our mantel.  I got it in South Dakota. 
When my Daddy saw it he said that it is from "Fall River county" ...in Oelrichs, SD...which is where he pastored a church for 4 wonderful years.  How Special!~

 ~Taking the kids to McD's...for a Mommy --little ones time out!
 ~Abigail's tiny little hand and tiny little black glove.~
 ~I found the "cutest little pumpkin" in the patch.~




 ~Last Saturday Sarah made us a ...
 ~Pumpkin Pie!~

~Love my sign...Love my coffee.~
 ~Friday night we went to meet up with Michael and Beth and kids.  We haven't seen them in WEEKS! :-(
It was great to have Kelsey and Kylie to drop by for a visit too.~
 
 


 ~I got up early Saturday morning and made this Greek yogurt and berry parfait and ...~
 ~Quiche for our breakfast~

~My dear friend Sherry dropped by to show me some exercises to help my lower back...and she surprised me with a dozen Donuts and coffee. :-) ~
 ~Afterwards, of course, we invited her to join us for our quiche and berry parfait, and shared the donuts that she bought us.~
 ~On Saturday I made a brown Derby (chocolate chip/pecan) pie.~
 
 ~Abigail asleep in her carseat...snuggling her baby "Emmy"~
 On Saturday night Phillip's cousin George met us at Cracker Barrel and paid for our supper.  (We helped pay, since there are so many of us. :-)
~Sarah and Noah~

 ~Phillip, Myself, and George~
 ~I LOVE my Sweetheart.
And I love Cracker Barrel...especially in the Fall and Winter.~
 ~Abigail and Mary in their pumpkin dresses.~ 


 ~Our 2 little pumpkins in their pumpkin dresses.~

 
 ~I was so Happy to find these little shoes at Cracker Barrel on Clearance for $6.00.~
 ~Someone gave me some fall material ...and I enjoyed making 2 infinity scarves...
one for me and one for them. :-) ~
 ~Missionary kids or Missionary wives.
Missed you, Deanna, and Crystal.
Misty P., Laura, Janie, and I.
 
 ~My muffins with soup on a cold day~
 ~Family Game Time.  (Playing the game Imaginiff )~
 ~On Halloween night we took the kids to the mall to do some early Christmas shopping, Abigail took her baby and stroller. 
Shortly before we left our house, I happened to think that stores might pass out candy that night.  So, I grabbed 4 brown gift bags for the kids to carry in case they did. 
They did pass out candy, and our kids got quite a little stash. :-) ~
 ~Sisterly love.  Look at Abigail sharing Mary's pillow...leaving her side COMPLETELY EMPTY! :-) ~
 ~Mary wearing the cute little shawl that A. Yoli from Argentina gave her.~
 ~I surprised my sweetheart and made him his favorite cookies...oatmeal raisin.~
 ~Out with the youth from our church.~
 ~Elijah's arm and hand he made.  He is quite creative with his hands.~
 ~HEATHER~

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...