Saturday, March 16, 2024

~Our 2 Miracle Vehicles & my Spring Decor~

~Many of you have been so kind to reach out to check on me, so I wanted to give you An Update on me.  I am doing fine! After doing 2 EKG's on me, they found nothing wrong with my heart! 

Praise Jesus! 

I AM, however, taking more time to rest, 

and putting more margins in my life! 

~OUR 2 MIRACLE VEHICLES~

When we came home in 2015, from being on the mission field for nearly 10 years, we didn’t have a car.  

We made it a serious matter of prayer as a family! 

Shortly after we arrived back to the States, a friend who owned a car lot contacted Phillip and told him that he was going to a car auction the next day. He gave Phillip his pass code to look on line at the vehicles and wanted Phillip to tell him which one which we wanted to buy.  

Phillip spent 3 hours and never found a vehicle that would fit our family of 8, or that we could afford.  

Tired and discouraged, Phillip closed his lap top to go to bed!


When all of the sudden, his phone went off and he received a text.  It was from a good friend of ours who lived several states away.  He asked Phillip if we had found a car yet.  He told Phillip to call him the next morning.  Phillip called him and he said that his wife had a nearly new White Suburban in great condition, that fit 8 passengers, and that she wanted to donate it to our family!  

WHEW! I cannot tell you how excited we were!!  After we got it, I would just drive down the road and cry from Joy and ask God to richly bless our friends for their kindness!


Speed up to 2024.  


We do a lot of traveling for Jesus!  We are still driving that 2011 Suburban and it now has 400,000 miles on it!!!  It has taken us safely over many a mile to hold a missionary service at a small country church here, or to sing for a camp meeting there, but now is clunking and is not dependable for long trips.


Our family started praying again that God would please send us another family vehicle.  We still are full-time faith Missionaries, working from the US, and rely on God for our needs. 


One of our supporters recently wrote to us and told us that they were sending us a check designated to help us get a new-to-us vehicle!  We were so elated!  


Phillip shopped on line and found a wonderful used White Toyota Sienna Minivan that still seats 8 (in case some of our older married kids are home for a visit, or to carry our grand babies some day. :-)  


As I drive our new-to-us van around, I get teary-eyed!  I pray that Jesus richly blesses our supporter! 

I cannot believe how God takes care of His children!  In order to go to the mission field we gave up material possessions, and we donated our van to our mission…but One can Never Out-Give God!   

~Pics of our van.~



~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~


~My Spring Decor~

~In our Bathroom~

~Daffodils~
God's Spring decor.





~I love this little Mommy rabbit with her baby.~
1 Cross + 3 Nails = 4 given
~My Centerpiece.~



~I found this little brown bunny at my new thrift store.~


~My sweet Moma, who is 81, hand-wrote out her recipe for English Toffee candy, 
and I framed it to hang in my kitchen.~
~Bunny Salt & Pepper shakers~
~It was so fun to have Donavan and Katrina over for 
supper the other night.~


~Dessert.~
~It is so nice to see Pastor up on the platform again.  
He helps open the service and things that are not too hard on his healing heart.~


~It was so fun to enjoy a "Lamb Rack Frenched" the other night.  
Someone had given it to us. 
Phillip looked up a recipe and made it for us and it was delish!~



~The other night Noah and I dropped off Elijah and Mary at their youth party, and he and I spent some fun time together running around Cinci.  
He treated me to a yummy "Lucky Charms" latte at the Lunch Bucket (I asked for my Lucky Charms on the side. :-) 
~And then Noah took me to Chick-fil-A.  It was so fun to be together.  
(Phillip and Abigail were picking up some used bookshelves for his office and then he preached in Spanish live to our Colombian people.) ~


~This little gold bunny in my kitchen window is so cute.~
I am not for sure what you are facing today, 
but lean Hard on Jesus!  He cares for YOU!
~Heather~


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praise God for His faithfulness to you all, dear cousins! Love you!

Anonymous said...

Laura Masters

The Dickinsons said...

Dearest Laura, Thank you for your sweet comment and for stopping by! Love you, ~Heather~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...