Thursday, July 30, 2020

~4th of July, The Flings come for a visit, Helping out, & Athens Youth Camp~

~This AM in my devotions I read about the Lord parting the Sea for the Israelites.
God is the SAME today!!
Let us live carefully before Him and watch Him 
part our Red Seas before us!!      
~HD~
~Pics of our family recording Spanish Songs 
for a fellow missionary.~

~Susan provided a delicious and refreshing lunch.~
~Bro. Probst did a great job recording us!~


~When not recording, Elijah and Mary went outside, sat on haybales, and read their books.~
~Lazy Summer Days!~
~I made a big pot of soup and brought it. 
Susan served us a yummy supper 
(to go along with my soup) in their fun back yard!~

~4th of July!~

It was so fun to have Michael and Beth and their children, and Dad and Mom Dickinson come and spend 4th of July with us!
~2 little princesses~
~Phillip visiting with his Dad and his brother.~
~Ava and Abigail~
~Cousins in the Ohio Brush Creek.~
~Beth and I trying not to Bake on the shore.~
~At first the guys were magnet fishing.~

~Then they decided to get into the water~


~Slip-n-slide back at home.~

~So Fun to be together!~
~Elijah helped dress up the kids~

~Comargo Camp Clean-up~




~The Flings Came for a Fun Visit.~
We enjoyed having them here!
~A Yummy Parfait Kimberly made for our breakfast.~
~Right Before the Flings arrived, my back went out.  Crazy pain and I could not move, nor could I walk.  
First time to ever use a cane to try to limp.  I went to my good chiropractor and slowly but surely with God's help I got better enough to take the kids to Athens a few days later. ~
~After the chiropractor we finished off the gift card from A. Libby and got some cold drinks to enjoy.~

~Michele helping us make yummy hot sauce.  
We brought her a bell so that she could ring the bell 
when she needed 
more ingredients to finish the recipe. :-) ~
~Elijah took Sammy Crawfish-ing and then they cooked and ate them.~ 
~Eating them with salt and lemon juice.~



~An ice cream sandwich dessert I made to serve the Flings.~
~Yummy Breakfast sandwiches that Michele made.~
~The kids and their hammocks~
~Bryon and Noah helping Phillip put in a nice microwave 
that someone recently donated to us.~

~Our family made Carnitas to serve the Flings right before they left.~
~Dear Michele and I.  
We had a lot of fun visiting with them.  
We enjoyed them coming to see us. 
Michele and I have known each other since I was 8 or so, 
or maybe even younger.~
~The recently donated microwave...all installed 
Thanks to Phillip, Bryon, and Noah.~
~Helping Out Sam and Hannah~

~For weeks we had planned to go help our dear friends Sam and Hannah with their fixer-upper house project.  
However, when my back went out, I knew that I could not go. 
So, since my back was out, Abigail and I went and spent some days with my Dear Daddy and Moma~
~Gram and Abigail picking veggies out of their garden.~

~Abigail got to pick the last of Gramp's Black Raspberries and enjoy them with cream over them.  
Thank you, Gramp, for the yummy berries, and 
Thank you, Gram, for the yummy cream.~
~Their neighbor lady came over and gave Abigail 4 Fresh cake pops from the bakery with which she is connected.~
~Abigail came running and asked me for my phone.  
She said she wanted to take a picture of 
"Gramp in his office...He looks so Cute!" :-) 
~So, While Abigail and I were resting and being with 
Gramp and Gram 
(We did help them harvest their mint for yummy mint tea :-),  
The rest of our family was working their heads off 
helping Sam and Hannah.
Kimberly brought food from our house and made all of the yummy food and snacks, 
plus helped at their house.  
The rest of our family helped take off the old roof and the old dormer, and then Phillip built a new dormer.
And before they left they they got some of the new felt paper back on the roof.
~Mary, with her broken arm, loved getting to babysit.~

~The new Dormer!
Thank you, Lord, for helping Phillip and the kids and Sam and Hannah 
get so much done in just 2 days!~
~Lemonade Stand!!~
~On Saturday, July 18th, Elijah, Mary, and Abigail wanted to have a lemonade stand 
to raise $ to spend at Athens Youth Camp.  
The Lord sent them nice customers that gave them extra tips, and they did really good!~
~It got so HOT!  
So, in between customers, I would have the kids take turns praying 
that Jesus would help the sun go under a cloud, and send another customer. :-D ~
~I MISS MY AUNT CAROLE!!  
Sweet Aunt Carole was probably the most giving Lady I have ever met!  
A year or more ago she bought this adorable purple smocked dress for Abigail.  
It was too long for her, so I waited til she grew into it, to have her wear it.  
I NEVER DREAMED THAT WHEN SHE FINALLY GOT TO WEAR IT, 
I WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO TEXT SWEEET AUNT CAROLE A PIC OF IT!! 
:-( 
LOVE THOSE AROUND YOU, YOU NEVER KNOW 
HOW LONG YOU WILL HAVE THEM!!!
When I got SAD and told my family that I wished I could tell Aunt Carole that Abigail 
was enjoying that Adorable dress, Innocent Little Abigail told me that all I had to do was to look up 
at the Sky and Tell Aunt Carole, and she would hear me.  :-). 
Maybe so, BUT I MISS GETTING HER TEXT BACK THAT SHE GOT MY MESSAGE! <3
~It has little wiggle worms on the smocking.~
~CNC Youth Night!!~
~Our CNC youth group got together and practiced softball and volleyball.  It was a fun evening.  
Sarah Susan took these 2 pics of our kids.~

~My Moma Turned 78!!!~
So we celebrated her by taking her to a local pizza place and having pizza before we went home.
She is such a sweet Moma and Gram and We love her to pieces!!!~


~We ladies~
~Gramp and Gram and the Grands.~
~Mary got her cast off the day before we went to Athens.~

~Farm to Table~
~Veggies from our garden~
~We found some little eggs!
It appears that our new-this-spring chickens or our Guineas or keets are laying eggs now.~
~Athens Youth Camp 2020~
It was Athens Youth Camp's 50th Anniversary!
God gave us a great Athens Youth Camp!!  
We all needed the sense of Normality in the midst of a chaotic world!  
God's presence was very close.  
Good testimonies from the young people, 
good singing from the Bible Colleges, 
And God really helped Chad Snider as he preached his heart out to the youth. 
~Here is Bro. Pope greeting all of us on the first night.  
He has been at all 50 Athens Youth Camps!
~Afterglow: singing choruses and praying around the pole.~
~Kan Jam~
~Go Kimberly~
~Eileen Cole and Ashley Young did a great job working with our kids.~
~It was fun to have Josh with us.  
Josh and Sarah talking to Bro. Pope~
~Noah's team~
~Water day for the kids~

~Up To Bat~
~Mommy and her littles~
~Mary and some friends~
~Kimberly and Tim and another girl playing their instruments for church.~
~All the Bible Colleges did a great job singing and leading singing. UBC. ~

~Sarah and Christa with a heavy pan of potatoes.~
~Kimberly and Noah were on teams, Sarah helped in the kitchen.~

~Natalie and Kimberly
~Look at Ethan trying to photo bomb!  :-) ~
~The kids loved this swing~

~Bible Bowl~
~Josh and Sarah~

~I was so glad that Daryl and Laura could come.  Laura and I had fun working together in the kitchen and catching up.  (You know, we used to be neighbors, and now live far apart. ) ~




~HSBC~
~Thank you, Lord, for helping Chad as he preached and shared his heart.~
~It was so nice to have Sis. Wegener (and her Judah) at camp. 
We enjoyed working together in the kitchen and sitting together at church.~
~#neverleaveyourphoneunattendedwhenZiggyisaround  :-D
(I found 4 selfies of him on my phone.) 
~My Noah and I~
~GBS~
~Bro. Pope telling us that Doug Damon had come to him when he was like 16 or 17 and 
told him he wanted to start Athens Youth Camp.  
And that was 50 years ago! 
~So fun to have Bryan at Athens!  We missed Darla!~
~Noah enjoying this fun swing.  So relaxing.~
~An impromptu special that Chad Snider had the Bible Colleges sing 
while we took up a love offering to give to Doug and Vicky Damon.~
~It was fun serving with Michele. 
Dear Lonnie and Mrs. Vicky (behind us) worked their heads off. 
It was great to work with everyone in the kitchen. 


Please Pray for Comargo Camp! 
It is Monday, Aug. 3rd- Sunday Aug. 9th.
We Want God to come and help each preacher, 
Bless the singers,
help in the kitchen, 
help with the children's church, 
Save the unsaved,
and Revive and encourage the Believers!!
Phillip is to do the Youth and would appreciate prayers.
It is his desire to touch those lives for Jesus and Eternity.
~Heather~

2 comments:

ServingGodwithallmyheart said...

Hi Mrs Heather !
Just wanted to say hi and let you know your blog posts have been encouraging to me many times!
And that I appreciate you all!
Kaitlyn W.

The Dickinsons said...

Hello, Kaitlyn, It was so fun hearing from you!! Your sweet words meant a lot to me.

Keep serving Jesus!!
Love, ~Heather~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...