Tuesday, January 1, 2019

~Our Merry Christmas...and a Christmasy house tour~

~A HAPPY NEW YEAR TO 
YOU AND YOURS!!~
Here's an overview of our Christmas ...and a Christmasy house tour.  
(We will post more of our fun activities in another post.)
I think is obvious in this post... that I LOVE CHRISTMAS!!!!

On Christmas Morning As we prayed around as a family, Little Abigail prayed, "Dear Jesus, Thank you so much for dying on the cross for me.  Thank you for coming as a tiny baby...
I know you were SUPER CUTE!" :-) 

On our front door a fresh green wreath.~
~In our Kitchen~
~Eggnog time~


~In our Dinning Room~
~Some of the kids and I went caroling at the nursing home with our Church homeschool group. Little Abigail has bells on her boots.~

~The fun Chevrolet truck that my Sweet in laws gave me!~
~Our Tree in our dining room.
I love this little pencil tree that my sweet friend Lila gave me.~
~Phillip set up our fun Christmas village on our old gas stove~
 ~Most of this village was a gift years ago from my cousin Bonita.~


~I was happy to find this little trailer to go with the pink car we had.~
  ~Lots of fun coffee times together!
This little truck is on loan from Elijah.~
~Kimberly, Noah, and Sarah all dressed up in their OPERATION SAVE AMERICA shirts they got in honor of Jeremiah Thomas...the teen who passed away from cancer this past summer.
His Dad started Operation Save America which opposes human abortion and it's legality.
Kimberly, Sarah, and Noah were headed to our church Christmas youth party.~
~The kids and I have made lots of treats this Christmas!~


~We made banana bread for our neighbors on our street.~


 ~In our Living Room~
In 2008 when we came home from Colombia to have baby Elijah, right before we went back to Colombia in January, I happened to run into Meijers and they had all their Christmas decor 80% and 90% off.  I got all kinds of very colorful shatter proof Christmas tree decorations to take back with us to Colombia.  We used them for years in Colombia and they kids LOVED THEM.  Growing up in Phoenix, My Phillip has always LOVED colored lights on a tree and has mentioned having them on our tree for years.  I am my MOTHER'S DAUGHTER...and am more a Victorian lady and love LOTS of WHITE!
But, this year while looking through a 2018 Crate and Barrel Magazine, I saw they had the same color ornaments that I had. So, I asked the kids if they wanted to have a very colorful tree this year and they were THRILLED.  Kimberly was even excited and she and Sarah decorated this tree.  While in Target we saw that they had yarn pompoms for $3.00 each.  Sarah told me that if I would buy her the yarn (which we got on sale) that she and the kids would make our pompoms and tassels out of yarn, and that is exactly what she did.
(They made LOTS of pompoms and tassels for the price of THREE pompoms at Target. :-) ~


 ~The little gingerbread girl that we bought for Abigail after she had had quite the experience at the dentist and was very sad.  Her little gingerbread girl is named cinnamon and smells like it.   Since she matched the tree, we hung her there.~

~A cute pic that Sarah took~
~On our mantel in the living room~

 ~Elijah drew my truck on my chalkboard for me!
~Elijah made me this little red truck.~
~We have had Lots of company during the Christmas days. I was happy to find these cute paper plates at Big Lots for one of our gatherings.
There has been at least 87 people gathered in our house this Christmas. ~

~Last Christmas Elijah out grew his Buffalo Plaid jams.  
So, I saved them. 
This year I cut up his jams and made this little pillow...
and this little stocking to hang on our dinning room tree.~

~I enjoyed sending out our Christmas Cards.~
~In our MasterBedroom~
~ A cute little stocking my Sweet Moma made years ago~

~Inside the wreath above our bed, I placed mistletoe and a sign that says,
"You are my Favorite Hello and Hardest Goodbye."



~An antique tree we got years ago.~

~At our Christian Nation Church Christmas Dinner~
~Our Christmas mice~
~Game Time~
~Playing games with the littles while our older kids were at the Church Youth Christmas party.~

 ~Noah had a guitar recital...
and did a great job.~

~We had two deaths at Christmas.
Dear Bro. Murphy from our church, and my dear precious Uncle Don!
Just a few days before Bro. Murphy died, we got to Christmas carol to him in the hospital.~

~A dear friend sent us some Christmas money and told us to have fun with the kids.  So, we took the kids Christmas shopping and out to Cracker Barrel.
Our kids draw names between each other and then we purchase a $20.00 or $30.00 gift for their name gift.  That saves each of the children buying a gift for each of the children. :-).


~Kimberly and Sarah's flocked 
Victorian tree upstairs.~
~With real little tea cups on it.~
~Mary and her baby doll wearing the matching night gowns that Gramp and Gram gave her.~

~A cute little candy dish that "Grandpa Hyatt" gave Abigail and she let me borrow. :-) ~
~God's Bible School asked our family to dress up in Victorian clothes and sing to the guests arriving to see their Christmas program. (Kimberly was inside playing her violin with the GBS orchestra.) ~
~Christmas Eve~
We enjoyed some Colombiana pop and some Queso Fresco (/fresh cheese), Pop, and Colombian Natilla, and Arepas. ~

~Our Christmas Day~
Stockings...
Please excuse the side ways pic.
I am using a computer I am not used to, so I can't figure out how to turn this pic.~

~Our Buffalo Plaid Christmas table~



~IN 2019....LET US TAKE TIME TO READ GOD'S WONDERFUL WORD, SPEND TIME WITH HIM DAILY, AND DRAW CLOSER TO JESUS THAN WE HAVE EVER BEEN BEFORE!!!~

~HEATHER~

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...