Sunday, March 19, 2023

~Our Exciting Field Trip to Creation Museum...which ended with a ride in the Ambulance!~

 This past Thursday, we planned a fun field trip to the Creation Museum!  My sis-in-law Beth and her kids were going to join us, and we could not wait.  Then Kimberly's brother-in-laws came into town, so we invited them to join us as well!  

We had not been to the Creation Museum since 2018!

Thursday at 4:30 AM Abigail woke me up telling me that her stomach hurt.  It was not long and it was obvious that Phillip should keep Abigail home.  :-(. 

So, Phillip and Abigail did not go to the Creation Museum, but the rest of us did.  Abigail was so SAD not to go, so I told her I would bring her a treat! 

We got checked into the Creation Museum, and were enjoying ourselves.  

~Inside the 4D films~
~Our yummy Picnic Lunch outside by the parking lot. 
It was a little on the chilly side, but we were THANKFUL to Jesus for the sun!~



~Mary and her cousin Sophia~

~Jeremiah and Elijah~
~Sophia, Mary, and Aunt Beth~
~Adorable Ava and Mary.  
(We love little Ava to pieces.  She will soon be 7 but is very tiny.  She is so cute!)~
"Sympathy Sickness"
However, I do not know about you, but if I hear someone has LICE, then my head starts itching. :-).

So, ever since we heard that Abigail was sick to her stomach, Noah, Mary, and I felt queasy to our stomachs.

We knew a friend of Abigail's had been sick, but only threw up one time, so we thought that was what Abigail had.


(We would never had gone to the Creation Museum that day, 

had we known Mary was sick!)

I chewed peppermint gum and felt much better.  And we all enjoyed a yummy picnic lunch of subs, veggies, etc. 

BUT WE DID NOT WANT TO DRINK A LOT, KNOWING THAT WE COULD LOSE IT!!!  We did not know if we would get sick, but because Abigail was, it made us all Leary of Drinking.

~MARY SCARES US HALF TO DEATH!!~

We were almost through the Creation Museum when Mary told me that she was not feeling well.  I told her to get a piece of gum from Kimberly, that it really helped! 

About 20 mins. later, she was sitting at a table in an eating area of Creation Museum, with her head on the table.   I came over to her and happened to mention that everyone was upstairs seeing the dinasours that Buddy Davis had built.  

Mary disappeared for a little while.  

Here, she had climbed those stairs to the top, then told her cousin Sophia that she could not do this, and came back down the stairs, around the corner, and came over to our table.  

Someone had taken Mary's seat by then, so she knelt beside the table and put her head on the table.  

I looked at Beth and told her that Mary was not feeling well, so that I needed to run to the Book Store and get a gift for Abigail, and then we needed to head home.  

Mary had handed me a go-go squeeze that she had been eating, so I asked her if she wanted anymore, or if she wanted me to throw it away.  She told me to throw it away.  

I walked around the table to throw it away, when Mary FAINTED and hit her head HARD on the tile.  I can still hear that THUD sound now!!  

I screamed, ran to throw away the go-go squeeze, and then Beth, Kimberly, and I were instantly on the floor, splashing Mary with cold water, and thankfully Beth thought to get Mary's gum out of her mouth.  


It wasn't but like a few seconds and we were surrounded by security, and they started taking over.  They were asking me questions and asking if they should call the ambulance.  

I told them that Mary had fainted quite a bit in her life time if she was sick or in pain, so that I thought she would come to soon.  

BUT SHE DID NOT COME TO.  

Finally I turned to the guy and told him he could call the ambulance.  

He told me that he had already called the Squad. 

They put smelling salts under her nose, which woke her up, but she was still laying there mostly asleep.  They kept putting ice on her, talking to her, asking her questions, checked her blood sugar, and working with her for probably 10 or 15 minutes.  

All the while, I was trying to get a hold of Phillip!!!  

Due to us living in the boonies, sometimes we cannot get phone calls.  I was feeling quite stressed!  I am not the medical one of our family!  

I normally call my Phillip, "Dr. Phillip." Because he always knows what to do in these situations. 

Now, Here I was alone, trying to make the decisions, and Phillip was at home, 2 hours away!!  


Finally, they sat Mary up, thinking that she was ok.  

I yelled, "She's fainting again!!!"  

And sure enough, she was out again.  

By then, the ambulance was there.  So, they put her on a stretcher and I followed them to the ambulance.   

(Thank God that Beth had gotten a hold of Phillip by then.) 

~IN THE AMBULANCE~

When we got into the Ambulance, they did a scan of Mary's heart, and they thought it looked Abnormal.  They did 2 more and they all looked the same.  

So, they told me that Mary's heart might be Abnormal!!! 

Here I was alone, in an ambulance, picturing my sweet 12 year old having open heart surgery!!! 

;-(

It was quite scary!!! 

Phillip called and I told him that I was in the ambulance with Mary!!

That I needed him to come down to Children's Hospital, 

and to please write our Church's prayer chain to pray for Mary. 

Thankfully, Kimberly's Mother-in-law Karen Kline was at Kimberly's house.  So, Phillip took a now-feeling-better Abigail, to Karen, and drove down to Cinci.

~IV~

On the ride to Children's hospital, Mary's blood pressure got down to 85/60, so they quickly put in an IV! 

(This pic is after Mary had had the IV for several minutes and color was coming back to her face.  Before she was white as a sheet.)

~In the Hospital~

Once at the hospital, Mary rested.   Then Mary did eventually lose her lunch. :-(
Kimberly was able to come to the hospital to be with Mary and Me!!  
That was very comforting to both Mary and Me!  <3

All the while I was trying to keep Sarah, my parents, my in-laws, my cousins, my sister, nieces, brothers and sis-in-laws, Mary's friends, my friends, etc. all informed of what was going on with Mary.   
But we had so much waiting in the hospital, that the texting back and forth with family and friends, SURELY comforted my heart!!!

Big Sister Sarah was dying to come to see Mary!!  She didn't know what to do, so while she was praying for Mary, she drew these adorable stickers for Mary!! <3

Beth was a Dear and took Noah, Elijah, and the 3 Kline boys over to meet Chris so he could take them home. 

Phillip was finally able to get there!  And oh, how wonderful it was to have him by our side!! <3

They gave Mary another bag of Saline to help her blood pressure come up.

They also did an EKG to make sure that her heart is ok.  

~"VASOVAGAL SYNCOPE." ~

Around 8:30 that evening they told us that her EKG was perfectly normal.   PRAISE JESUS!!!  CUE ANGELS REJOICING AND MOMMY WANTING TO CRY FROM RELIEF!!!!

They told us that Mary has something called, 

"VASOVAGAL SYNCOPE." 

WHICH BASICALLY MEANS THAT WHEN SHE IS IN PAIN OR SICK, OR EVEN UNDER STRESS, HER BLOOD PRESSURE DROPS AND SHE FAINTS. 

They said to make sure she is always hydrated and to eat salty snacks to help keep her blood pressure up. 

(Which we knew, but it was hard to have her hydrated on the day when we were afraid that anything we drank would come back up.)

The doctor said that since it happened on the day that the stomach virus had hit our home, that there was nothing we could have done differently to prevent what happened.  

Basically, she normally faints, and comes back pretty fast.  But this time, due to dehydration, her blood pressure was too low to let her come back.

Praise Jesus that she did not split her head open when she hit the tile Floor!!!  

And Praise Jesus that she got off of those stairs that she had JUST BEEN ON, right before she fainted.  It would have been horrible if she would have fallen down those stairs!! 

Mary was like, 

"WOW! I never planned to do all of this today!

Listen to my List of FIRSTS that I did today!

~Fainted twice in the Creation Museum.

~Slapped my head on the tile floor.

~Rode on a stretcher

~Rode in an Ambulance

~Got an IV

~Spent a lot of my day in a hospital

~Vomited in a Hospital.

~Got an EKG"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

~THANK YOU~

A Great Big Thank you to:
~Kimberly and Beth for being there for Mary and me!
~To the Security people at Creation Museum!
~To the sweet nurses and doctors!
(Especially our wonderful Erin who was Mary's nurse in the Ambulance!  She was amazing!)
~Also, Nurse Mackenzie, Dr. Stephanie, Nurse Raegan, Nurse Maria.
~To Chris for picking up the boys!
~To Karen for watching Abigail!
~To Each and everyone that was Praying and texting sweet messages of love to Mary and us!!
~AND TO OUR HEAVENLY FATHER FOR BEING THERE WITH MARY AND US!!

It is Wonderful being a part of an Awesome Family, and the Family of God! <3

~All the stickers Mary had on her from her 2 heart tests.~


 ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Needless to say, I was unable to get Abigail a gift that evening.  
So, the next day I ran to Kroger to get the presciptions for Mary, and grabbed these adorable Squishmallows for Mary and Abigail, and I got each of them a large bag of their favorite candy.

I think Beth and her kids and our family are a little nervous of having another field trip together. :-) The last one we took, there was a tornado!  
This time Mary fainted twice, hit her head on the tile floor, and had to be taken to the hospital in an ambulance!
May our next field trip be uneventful.  :-D
~HEATHER~

4 comments:

Gretchen Kinsey said...

Oh my, Heather! I can only imagine what this did to your mommy heart! Thank God for His protection and for the good report about Mary’s heart!

The Dickinsons said...

Thank you, Gretchen, for your sweet comment! Yes! It was a very scary day! I never dreamed when I woke up that day, all I would face, but Jesus and my family were there for Mary and Me! So glad it turned out ok! I guess my sweet GG fainted as well, so our Mary and her big sister Kimberly must get it from her! (((Hugs))) to you, my sweet friend! ~Heather~

Anonymous said...

I had to read how this all turned out with Mary! I’m so sorry but y so glad she’s ok! Much love❤️

The Dickinsons said...

Thank you so much, Anonymous, for your concern and sweet comment! <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...