Wednesday, July 1, 2020

~GG's Memorial, Our Missions Services in TN and NC, Mary's Broken Arm, Father's Day, Company, & Aunt Carole's Service~

Well, Hello, there!  Life has been a whirl-wind of activity.  Some very HAPPY and some very SAD!!  
I hadn't even had time to post about my SWEET GG's Memorial service, 
when my SWEET AUNT CAROLE found out she had cancer, and only 24 short days after GG's Memorial, 
my Sweet Aunt Carole Joined GG in Heaven!!! 
We are still so shocked!!!!!  We only knew she had cancer 1 month and 10 days!!  
LIFE IS SHORT! 
LIFE IS UNPREDICTABLE!!! 
LET'S LIVE EACH DAY TO THE FULLEST, LOVE JESUS AND THOSE AROUND US!!!
~Here is what I read at GG's Sweet Memorial Service. 
It was one of the sweetest services I have ever been in. 
Lots of tears, some laughter, and lots of sweet memories shared!
Thank the Lord, my cousin Susan thought of buying a dozen roses, and we all THANKED AUNT CAROLE for allll she had done to take care of GG, and then each gave her a rose!  So the service was almost just as much for Aunt Carole as it was for GG!  Whoever dreamed that 24 days later, Aunt Carole would be in Heaven!~
When I was 3 years old my Grandmother (who always teased us each birthday that she was "29 and holding")  went sledding with some of us kids.   Her sled ran partly under a parked car and she hurt her back.
Feeling her on my heart (and knowing she had a candy bowl =) I went "calling" on my Grandmother.
I asked her why in the world she had gone sledding with us when she was an "old lady"?!
To which she very emphatically replied, "I am NOT old!"
I then asked, "Well, if you aren't old, what are you doing with those "CRACKS IN YOUR FACE?" 

One day when I was small I must have said the word, “Ain’t” or something.  
My Moma corrected me and told me to that I needed to use, “Proper Grammar!” 
To which I laughed and replied, 
“Whoever heard tale of a proper Grandmother?!” :-) 

~My Grandmother~
Today we celebrate a sweet lady I called "Grandmother" by name
She was a Dear…and I’m here to proclaim her "fame"! =)
Her food was always DELICIOUS--She was a GREAT cook!
She cooked from memory, not from a cookbook!

I loved to go to her house and eat a ton
Beans and cornbread, Soppy Chocolate,…Mac and Cheese...anyone?
There was always lots of sweets and candy at her place
She was young at heart in spite of those "CRACKS in her face!" =)

When the Great Grandkids came along, she became "G.G." (Great Grandmother)
My kids LOVED going to her house just as much as me.
G.G. spoiled us and gave us lots of treats
She was the sweetest lady you could ever meet!

GG was a Southern gal--a Belle from Tennessee
She was one of the hardest workers...she challenged me.
If you called GG and she didn’t answer her phone,
She was probably tending to her flowers, with them she didn’t feel "alone."

Most of what I enjoy today as a Child of the King,
Came because Pop Pop and GG gave Jesus EVERYTHING!
She prayed for all of us, her family, by name.
Without her prayers, life will NOT be the same!

I miss my sweet Grandmother but know She’s Above
Praising Jesus with Pop Pop, the man she Loved! 
When I think of someone of whom I'd like to be...
It's no movie star, It's a sweet lady whom we call GG!
                                    ~written by Heather May 22, 2020
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
GG's Memorial
~All of us Cousins.
There are 10 of us, and we have always been called, 
"The Cousins"
L to R: Christa, Esther, Martha, Heather, Susan, Laura, 
Cheryl, Jane, Lincoln, and Andrew.~
 ~U. Carson Speaking about GG at her Memorial Service.~
 ~My Brother Andrew speaking about GG at her Memorial Service.~
 ~The girls and I made GG's Soppy Chocolate and biscuits to serve at GG's Memorial.
We were staying in her house...so it was probably the very last time that Soppy Chocolate will ever be made in that house. :-( ~

 ~I also brought this fresh fruit tray.~
~The night before GG's Memorial our Bryan family met at a park and enjoyed pizza, drinks, chips, and ice cream sandwiches together.~
 ~Darla, Grant, and Sarah...all born in 2000~

~On Sunday, May 24th, A.M.
we had a Missionary service in Ethridge, TN.  We were happy to get to see Phillip's Aunt Donna and Uncle Bill.~

~My Good friend Dawn on the right and a new friend in the middle.~

~On Sunday May 24th, P.M. we had a Mission service at Friendsville, 
Bible Methodist Church.~
 ~Kimberly and Sarah speaking about Going on the Medical Mission Brigade
to Honduras in Feb./March.~
 ~Visiting after church~
~We had a missionary service planned for Wednesday night, May 27th, but then it got cancelled due to the church not being opened up yet from Covid.
GG's Memorial was to be on Saturday, May 30th, 2020.
So, since we were getting to stay in GG's house for free, we took some days and took the kids to The Great Smoky Mountains.~




 ~We've heard of the Pancake Pantry for years, and finally got to try it.~


 ~We saw more Bear than we saw Deer!~
 ~These baby Cubs make me melt. (And I am not an animal lover.)~
 ~Elijah talked Abigail into "snorkeling" with him in the chilly water of the Smoky's. :-)~
~We tried to go up to Clingman's Dome...~
 ~But when we got to the top,
this is all we could see...
So we did not climb it in the rain! ~
 ~Phillip was jumping from Boulder to Boulder with Noah in The Chimney Picnic area in the Smoky Mountains, and slipped off a wet fallen log and hurt his foot pretty badly. ~
 ~Goodbye GG's house.~
 ~Hello, North Carolina.~
We had a mission service in Salisbury, NC on 
Sunday, May 31st, P.M.
We so enjoyed being with the Jonathan Kline Family!
I don't think we have ever met another family more similar to our family.
We had a blast and they treated us like royalty. 
~Our Breakfast~

 ~Bro. Kline preaching Sunday AM~
~Kaitlyn, Kimberly, Sarah, Heidi, and Sarah K.~
 ~Kaitlyn and Kimberly cleaning up a mess of hot candle wax.~
 ~My Sweet friend Karen and I~
 ~Our mission service Sunday night.~


 ~Kimberly and Sarah speaking on translating for the Medical Missions Brigade in Honduras back in Feb. / March.~
~ My Sweet friend Dorcas came over to our service~
 ~And we got our usual pic of her sweet Sarita and my sweet Sarita. (Sarah.) ~
 ~Phillip and I got to go and visit Dear Bro. Earl Newton just
5 days before he went to Heaven.
We got to Thank Him for staying Careful and serving Jesus and being a faithful example to all of us all these years.  It was such a sweet time!~
 ~Game Time~
 ~On Monday Karen, Heidi, Kimberly, My Sarah, and I got to go out for some coffee.
Our conversation was so fun and hilarious.~
~We made such fun memories!~
 ~Then we went to Hobby Lobby to pick up Sweet Kaitlyn.~
 ~Great Friends, Elijah and Jeremiah~
 ~S'more Time~


~Summer Reading~
 ~A fun rocking chair, that Jesus gave me for FREE.~
~Helping My Parents~
 ~We went over to help my Daddy and Moma for a day!
Phillip changed Moma's faucet for her.~
 ~My Sweet Moma and I~
~Saying Goodbye to Gramp and Gram.~

~Helping Michael~
~Then we ran to Michael and Beth's and Phillip, Dad D., Noah and Isaiah
helped Michael re-do one of their bathrooms.~

 ~Mary on her cousin's hover board.~

 ~Beth made delicious Carnitas!~
 ~Then, Sweet little Mary went over a bump on the Hoverboard and lost her balance and fell off and hurt her arm!
So, here Sarah's is trying to help her not think of the pain she was experiencing.
An ER nurse told us to wait until we got closer to home to find out
if she sprained it, or broke it.~
 ~Group Hug!~

 ~Amy let us crash her apartment and eat our meals over there.
She and Kimberly ran to the store and Amy bought the kids a soccer ball and some ice cream sandwiches!!~
 ~Coming back from the soccer field near Amy's house.~

 ~Enjoying Beth's Yummy food!~

 ~Sweet Hannah and Eddie at our church.~
 ~On Monday, when we were back home, we took Mary to the doctor and found out that she indeed broke her arm. :-( 
She wanted a purple cast...and was excited to get the color she chose.~



 ~Gramp and Gram sent Mary $2.00 and a nice card cause she broke her arm.~
 ~Phillip and Noah's garden~

 ~Our Elder Berry bushes that Sweet Aunt Carole ordered and had mailed to us.
They are doing so good!
We're excited about getting elderberries from it!!~
 ~Gramp and Gram took us to the White Star Restaurant in Peebles.~
 ~It was fun and yummy!~
~Gramp took the kids to pick Poke Greens and we cooked them and ate them for supper.~
~Father's Day!~


 ~The Lord helped as Phillip preached on Father's Day.~
 ~After Phillip preached he asked Pastor Eisenhart to pray for all the Fathers / Men.
Pastor asked all the men to come forward!
It was a special prayer time!~
 ~It was fun to see Lucas and Tasha for a few minutes.~
 ~Robbie and Rachel were in town, and so our kids enjoyed visiting with theirs.~

 ~I set a Patriotic table for Father's Day.~

 ~It was so nice to have my Parents, Gramp and Gram with us for Father's Day!~


~Company!~
We invited the Harveys and Josh over for the weekend.
Abigail climbed on top of the bathroom sink to clean the mirror for me.~
 ~Hello, Summer~

 ~Keenan, Noah, Cade, and Elijah~

 ~Chocolate Sheet Cake and home made ice cream.~
 ~Forever Friends,
Kimberly, RaeQuelle, and Sarah~

 ~On Saturday, The littles and I went on a bike ride.~
 ~and I made coffee floats to cool us off when we got home.~
 ~Josh and Sarah took RaeQuelle and Kimberly out for coffee.~

~Phillip took the boys to Ohio Brush Creek and they went Kayaking.

Then Josh and Sarah took Kimberly and I down to Cinci.
We ran over to Daryl and Laura's and helped Bryan celebrate his birthday!!~

Kimberly and I spent the night with a friend in Cinci and then we rode down with Laura to Aunt Carole's viewing and Funeral.
(Phillip preached at our church on Sunday night.  Then he and the rest of the kids and Josh drove down to TN for Aunt Carole's funeral on Monday.)
~Laura, Kimberly, and I had a picnic at the Tennessee Welcome Center.~
 ~It was so nice to see Sis. Pack and Sheila at A. Carole's viewing.~
 ~Aunt Carole's Viewing was so incredibly SAD!  THERE WERE LOTS OF TEARS!!
But afterward we snapped some pics.~

 ~Dear Doug and Carm had all of us over for a yummy supper.~

 ~On Monday Morning Dear Ms. Linda brought Kimberly and I
a yummy Cracker Barrel Breakfast!~
~Aunt Carole's Funeral~
My Sweet Aunt Carole!!!  I cannot believe that you are gone!  Though we are thrilled that you are in Heaven and Not suffering anymore, How we all MISS YOU!!!  
You were the most giving Lady I have ever known!  You gave birthday gifts and sent cards to all of us for years, and they were always on time!  
From the very start of our missionary journey, you and Uncle Dan have supported us!!
You always had fun foods and treats for us anytime you saw us.
We cannot imagine life without you!!  
We cry and are oh, so, sad!!!
But, it makes us want to live so that we can come and see you, Pop Pop and GG in Heaven one of these days!!~ 

 ~My Sweet Moma hugging Mary and Abigail~
My Poor Moma has lost her Mother and her only Sister 
(her baby sister) 
in less than 3 months!  
Please pray for Moma!  Her heart is Broken!! :-( ~
 ~Aunt Carole's Son-in-law Derrick Miller singing at her funeral.  He did a beautiful job singing, "Because He Lives!"~
 ~Aunt Carole's daughters, Jane and Esther talking about their sweet Momma!
They did a beautiful job!~
 ~We were glad that Josh could come with us!~
 ~My Moma hugging her only immediate Family Member left...
Her baby Brother, Uncle Carson!
They wept and wept!!~
 ~Please Pray for Uncle Dan, Jane, Esther and their families!!!
They are hurting soooo badly!!~
~Kimberly and Mrs. Linda, who helped care for GG.~
 ~Heidi and Mary and Abigail~
 ~The kids and I looking at Pop Pop and GG's grave.~

 ~I absolutely cannot believe that Aunt Carole went to Heaven less than 3
months after GG went to Heaven!
I think GG must have been shocked to see Aunt Carole arrive so soon!~

 ~On the way to the funeral meal,
Uncle Dan's 2 sisters and one of their husbands were in a bad car wreck!
Their car was T-boned by a lady that didn't
see a stop sign and hit them.
It flipped their car on it's side and they had to be cut out. :-(
So, Uncle Dan, Jane and Esther all went to the hospital with them, and didn't even get to come to the funeral meal until it was nearly over.  :-(
But, Praise the Lord, they were not seriously hurt!!!
 ~It was so nice to see Ms. Smith and Melinda!~

 ~Abigail and Jane!~
 ~A cousin pic, Minus Andrew, Lincoln, and Laura, who had already left.~
 ~On the way home to Ohio, we used our 2 gift cards that someone had given us,
And got dessert at Cracker Barrel.
We got home at 2:00 A.M. Tuesday morning!~
~Josh took our selfie this time since our Sweet Kimberly rode back to Ohio
with her Aunt Laura.~
 ~When we woke up, Phillip and I had to take Mary for a check up for the doctor
to look at her cast.
So, afterwards we took her to Diary Queen and she got a hot fudge Sundae.~
 ~Silly Mary and her Daddy.
Mary was repeating everything that Daddy said.~
 ~After her appointment, I came home and crashed, and while I was taking a nap,
Mary drew me a sweet note and picked me some flowers.
 ~Abigial picked me some flowers and drew me this note.~


Thank you for joining me and reading my Blog!
May each of our lives count for eternity!!!

Please pray!
I have an urgent unspoken request!!
And Today our family has been asked to record some Spanish songs 
for a fellow missionary!!
~Heather~

4 comments:

Roberta said...

Thanks so much, Heather, for taking time to post all these photos and details with us, thus letting us share these moments vicariously, both the happy and the sad events. Our prayers and hearts surely are with you in these double losses, the last one so unexpectedly fast. Your Grandmother and Aunt Carole were very dear, special ladies and surely will be missed. I know you are greatly comforted, though, to know they are with Jesus. Grandmother won't have any housecleaning to do in Heaven, but she will have plenty of flowers to tend to and enjoy, and a mansion in which to entertain friends and loved ones. I remember how Carole liked to travel; now she has a new universe to explore. Glad to see that Pat and Melinda were able to make it to Carole's funeral.

The Dickinsons said...

Dearest Mrs. Roberta,
Thank you so much for your nice comment! It was delightful hearing from you! Yes! We sorrow not as those who have no hope! Thank the Lord they are both with Jesus in Heaven and not suffering anymore.
Love,
~Heather~

Janette Castle said...

Love looking at pictures of your family happy times!

The Dickinsons said...

Dearest Janette,
Thank you for your sweet comment! It was so fun hearing from you!
Hugs to you and yours. We're looking forward to being with y'al, Lord willing, in November!
~Heather~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...