Friday, September 1, 2017

~This is my Phillip's BIRTHDAY WEEK!~

CLICK HERE to see my ROAD TRIP TO FLORIDA POST 
My Sweetheart has a birthday on Sunday, but since we will be busy attending our own service Sunday AM, and then having a missionary service in IN, we celebrated his birthday as a family a tad early.
~HAPPY BIRTHDAY, PHILLIP!!~

We were trying to figure out what we could do as a family to make Daddy's birthday SPECIAL!  All of the sudden, the idea popped into my head, WE COULD ORGANIZE DADDY'S OFFICE!
You see, Phillip's office had become the STORAGE room, as we have gotten settled in, organizing here, cleaning out there, moving this bed there, the "EXTRAS" had landed in PHILLIP'S OFFICE, and thus HE COULD HARDLY GET INSIDE THE DOOR!! :-(

He hasn't had his own office since our AZ days in 2004...so I WANTED him to have his office back. So, the kids and I snuck upstairs and started working on it, EVER SO QUIETLY!!! 

       
SORRY, I WAS TRYING TO SNEAK, SO I FORGOT TO TAKE A BEFORE PIC!!!

We have BOXES of books that have come back from Colombia on different trips that still needed to be unpacked.  So, while Noah and I were working on Daddy's office (Phillip was HOME that day...so we had to be REALLY QUIET)...we decided that we needed another book shelf.
So Noah and I snuck out the door, PRAYED THAT JESUS WOULD HELP US FIND A BOOKSHELF, and ran to a re-store that is close by.
We found us a book shelf for CHEAP and hurried home.  Thank you, Dear Jesus!!!

Just as we got home Phillip came out on the porch to go on a walk to PRAY!
(PHILLIP LOVES TO WALK AND PRAY!!!)

The MINUTE he left, we all FOUND OUR MUSCLES...to carry that book shelf from our Suburban to the 2nd floor and started WORKING HARD TO GET A TON DONE IN HIS OFFICE BEFORE HE CAME HOME FROM HIS PRAYER WALK!!!

I kept PRAYING That Jesus would help us!!!

JESUS DID HELP US!!! In just an hour an a half or so, while Phillip was on his prayer walk, God helped us to organize, put in the new bookshelf, unpack SEVERAL boxes of books, rearrange things, vacuum, and set up some of his treasures that had not been set up yet!!!
(The walls themselves in his office haven't been re-done yet, so please ignore those!:-)

We are so HAPPY with what all Jesus helped us to get done.... AND
Phillip was so SURPRISED AND HAPPY!!!

THANK YOU, DEAR JESUS, FOR CARING ABOUT ORGANIZING OFFICES!!!!

~Phillip has 3 special chairs that are in his office.  They all belonged to Dear Saints of God.
The office chair belonged to our Pastor Carl Eisenhart.
One belongs to my Daddy, Edgar A. Bryan. It is a black rocker that says God's Bible School and College on it.  I believe that Daddy received this as a gift when he graduated from college from God's Bible School?
The other unique tribal type chair belonged to a Dear saint associated with God's Bible School.~
~The checkerd board table was built by Bob McChesney from Phoenix.  They attended Gospel Center Church where Phillip was raised and then later was pastor.
His son Bill McChesney was a missionary martyr for Christ.~
~Here and there we put things from Costa Rica and Colombia in his office.  
He  has a Ball jar with his foreign coins and all his foreign bills are together.
 Pastor Rigoberto and his family gave us this from Cartagena, Colombia~
 ~Our friend Juan Martin made this for us.
The majority of Phillip's Spanish books are from our beautiful years in Colombia!!~

 ~We have a DEAR friend in AZ named Frank Holladay who was a REAL COWBOY.
Mesquite wood is very common and loved in AZ.
Phillip LOVES AZ!!
The Mesquite wood is used for grilling.
Phillip loves the smell of the Creosote leaves.  Mom D. used to send them in her letters to us when we were on the mission field!!
When Dad Dickinson had a mesquite tree fall down in his wash beside their home, our friend Bro. Frank took it and made a neat HAT RACK for Phillip out of it!!
Noah helped me hang this while Phillip was on his prayer walk.~
 ~THANK YOU, BRO. FRANK, FOR THIS VERY NICE GIFT!!!~
 ~Dad D. welded this neat cowboy lamp together and then our Good friend Frank Holladay gave Dad one of his old cowboy hats to be the lamp shade!~
 ~All lit up.~
 ~Bro. Frank's hat even has his BRAND of Lazy E 7 on it. :-) ~

~The sheep skin on the floor came from Argentina~
 ~These are hand painted children from Peru.~

 ~At night.~
 ~That neat tribal chair.~
 ~When I woke up this morning, Phillip was in His office, Reading His Bible, and drinking his Argentine Mate.~
~Phillip is so HAPPY and I am too!  Thank you, Dear Jesus, for your help to the kids and I.~
~Last night Phillip got home from working with someone, and I got home from shopping at the same time.  He ran upstairs to get cleaned up, and while he was gone...
THE KIDS AND I SET THE TABLE WITH OUR CHINA AND MADE A SPECIAL BIRTHDAY SUPPER



 ~We surely MISSED our Kimberly who is in TN taking care of her sweet Great Grandmother (GG)!!!~

~HAPPY 44th BIRTHDAY, SWEETHEART!!! 
I was thinking yesterday that I have to be the MOST BLESSED Girl in the WORLD to have you as my husband!!! 
Thank you for falling in LOVE with me, and staying in LOVE with me!!!
Life with you is SO WORTH DOING!! :-D
I Thank the Lord (And your high school friend Matt Johnson who called and told you about me :-) for bringing us together!!~
~HEATHER~

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heather, Phillip's office is lovely! I don't know that I would have had the nerve to know where to start organizing that room but you all did a good job. I enjoyed seeing all the posts and the completed room, am so glad that Phillip can enjoy going into it for prayer and study now. Our "little girls" have taken a nap after a full day at the Wright Museum and getting to see Vonnie and Heidi for about an hour this morning so I slipped out here to read your post. Looking forward to seeing you all this weekend and for a full day on Monday. Love, Moma

sherryldickinson said...

I read this post the day you called me, Heather. It made me very happy to see what you did for Phillip in his study that had turned into a 'storage' room. It is so easy to turn rooms into 'storage' rooms when one has such a busy life as you all have. A study is such a comfort when that is a major part of a person's life, like it is for Phillip. Personally, you impressed me so much when you decided to do that for Phillip's birthday because there is nothing he would have wanted more than that. Smile. Bless your dear hard-working heart, Heather, I love you for giving your husband this unsurpassed love gift of service. The room looks so homey that I can't wait to go into it and look around, and enjoy looking at all of Phillip's treasured books. It makes me happy that you were able to incorporate Frank Holladay's hat rack made from wood from the Mesquite tree on Grandma's property, and the hat lamp dad made with Frank's hat for the shade. What's especially neat is the hidden bed that can be used when you need an extra bed for company. (lol!)
I'm happy this room is back in circulation again! Love, Mom D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...